It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Degenerating Disks

Hey group - Hope all are doing well? It was gorgeous today- well alot happened this morning- fired the wheelchair guy, he been draggin' his feet- called a new place. Instead of seeing a neurosurgeon- going to contact PT and see if they can stretch me out-LOL . Seems I have dngerating disks and one is pushing on a nerve or something that starts the pain from bottom of my butt to me knee- this is on my left side(at least the hip is in place still-LOL) then may try injections- that knife thing scares me too much...

So Cheryl, I will also be trying some PT first. Since the weather is getting warmer here, that pool there also sounds Nice.... It is 92 degrees -AHHHHHH, water does make me feel better.

Hope all is well
Hugs Janet

Old 04-18-2008, 01:40 AM   #2
(female)

tazkc1 HB User
Re: Degenerating Disks

good morning janet and all...well hey thats good news that your hip is good,and easier than going in for surgery to maybe fix that...i think thats what my physiatrist was trying to figure out on me,to make sure it wasnt a disc pushing on my nerves causing my pain...but i know what that feels like from the disc in my neck,and this pain is nothing like that...i get my MRI done today after work...i hope your physical therapy works for you janet and you get your whirlpool time at the same time too...i can hardly wait to see if physical therapy is going to help me any...that was a bummer your wheelchair guy didnt come thru,and hopefully this new place will get it for you soon too...well i hope you get to feeling better soon janet...cheryl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
(female)

crochetqueen HB User

Hi all! Rainy day here and just feel flu like today. The shots I han in my knees are not lasting too long. that same old burning and feeling like they won't support me long enough to stir a pot of soup is coming back. Its only been 7 weeks for the right knee and 31/2 for the left. I guess that will be an option I'll forget. He said I could only have 3 a year. You go girl! I mean you Janet. I got in with a bad wheelchair salesman after I had already got the thing. They make me wait forever before they come out to service anything. You have to stay in there with them and stick up for yourself cause people will really mess over you if you let them. I would give anything to have acsess to a whirlpool or swimming pool. I have to have a lift chair to even get in a pool. My hot tub baths are a lot of relief tho, but somedays I don't have the energy to get in and out. I know a lot of you can relate to that. Cheryl hang in there. I think of you so much and are praying everything will fall into place for you. Love you all, talk later Phyllis

Old 04-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
(female)

Janet W. HB User

Phyllis - Thanks for the heads up... I had hear to Beware of these vendors- Guess I am finding out.. Oh, I wish I could send you a pool- and get you in and out... Water just feels so good doesn't it... It is like we can function physically better- relaxes the nerves. I have you in my prayers and know we must keep kickin' but oh there are days.....

Hugs to you and all Janet

Closed Thread