It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
(male)

ronnie53 HB User
Cool The Storms Of Life:

Hi everyone hope all is well, Sunday May 11,2008 4:17am our little county was hit by an tornado. Luckly no one was killed by it thank God, but the destructions left by it was really bad. Some people had just finished repairs and cleanup of the last one that came through, little do we know how we are affected by this until our family has been hit. My cousin home was hit by a gaint oak tree that fell across his entire roof destroying everything in its path. He was asleep but, never a scratch on him just his home, I have been trying to help do what ever I could not much but every little bit helps. The thing is this as I looked at the damage of this storm, I had this thought polio was a horrible storm and we were what was left, the destruction,* now trying to put back the broken pecies. The thing is that my cousins house will old as well as new parts in it, but will never be the same as before, but neither am I but one thing I do know I* am a SUVIVOR POLIO is not what defines us what defines us is that we are strong because we are SUVIVORS God Bless you all: Ronnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
(female)

crochetqueen HB User
Re: The Storms Of Life:

Ronnie, my prayers are with your town, family and friends. These tornadoes have been awful across the country. Yes we are survivors and a dying breed that I think have long been forgotten about. Hooray to us! Somedays I don't think I'll ever have a good day anymore but I still feel blessed to be able to wake up and face a new day. Cheryl hon, you hang in there. I think of you often. Janet, wish I could be in that warm water with you. Enjoy as long as you can. Hope all are well and remember, hot sunny days are ahead. Love you all, Phyllis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
(female)

Janet W. HB User

Ronnie - My prayers are with you all.. The storms have been tragic.. to many out there... What a beautiful way to word about the Polio and its destruction.. yes, we are survivors and with this illness we have surely struggled to the best that God wanted us to be...

Phylis, wish you could be in that nice warm water with me, too... It would be great if there was another PPSer- some of the strengthening exercises my PT gave me I hurt too much to do- so there are a couple of those I can do and a few stretches- water makes me feel really good...

Hope all is having a nice evening and storm free.

Hugs Janet

Old 05-14-2008, 02:42 AM   #4
(female)

tazkc1 HB User

hi everybody,and ronnie my prayers go out to your town also too...never an easy thing to start over again...could be thats part of my problem,is i feel i have to start all over again,having to get out of my job...well guys i hope you're all doing well...love ya'll,cheryl

Old 05-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
(female)

medallion1 HB User

Ronnie--I am so sorry about your situation with the tornado. Everytime I watch stuff like that on TV, I always ask myself, "could you survive that"? Because of surviving polio and then re-surviving it, I know I could. I know we all could because we are strong. My doctor and I sometimes joke about me being a dinosaur. It's good to laugh. Make each day a celebration that you have that day to use. Take care. Jan H.

Closed Thread