It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
(female)

mugs51 HB User
Prolo-therapy

Does anyone have any information or has anyone tried Prolo-therapy? I was approached by someone today about trying it. I Googled it and got some info., but am reluctant to try it. I'm not sure that it can do much for weak muscles.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
(female)

Janet W. HB User
Re: Prolo-therapy/ All

Hi Mugs - Sorry no one has answered this ?... I have never heard of this type of therapy- But use this rule of thumb"If anything cause pain, fatigue or weakness" Don't do it Or do much less of it...

Hope everyone is doing well... I had Vern back in the hospital again- another infection - this time only one leg- he was in for 4 days this time...please keep us in your prayers.. Seems this is another bandaided situation we will be dealing with...

Hope all is safe from Ike- I have prayers out to everyone that lives in Ikes track..

Hugs Janet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
(female)

crochetqueen HB User
Re: Prolo-therapy

Hey everyone! Hope all is doing well. No I have not heard of prolo-therapy either. Sorry. Janet I hated to hear about Vern being back in the hospital and you and your family are definitely in my prayers. We all need to pray for each other daily. We all have something going on in our lives other than PPS. Remember my family. I have been really depressed. I have an 18 year old granddaughter that I help raise til she was about 11 and she is having problems. My daughter is a single parent and blames herself which we know some things we can't help and I am such a worrier that it has literally put me in the bed. I don't seem to have the mental strength I had growing up anymore. All I seem to do is cry a lot. Anyway I've been thinking about everyone and hope to get back in the groove. Love you all, Phyllis

Old 09-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
(female)

Janet W. HB User

Hi Phyllis- So sorry to hear about your granddaughter and daughter... It is such a difficult thing when your kids are involved.. You have my prayers and just remember you Are A Strong Person- you are a Survivor.... It makes it so difficult when you cannot control situations... But things always happen for a reason... have faith and my prayers are with you..

The doctors explained this will be an ongoing thing with Vern- hope I can keep him home and safe longer this time. In the hospitals they have MRSA which can be very bad to people with low immune systems as he has.. so they do not want to keep him long but have to get a handle on infections. He is in pretty good spirits and is really trying to Pace and Rest(sound familiar?)

Love Yah Janet

Old 09-15-2008, 01:32 AM   #5
(female)

tazkc1 HB User

hi janet,phyllis,and mugs...i too have never heard of this prolo-therapy...i'm sure sorry to hear your husband was back in the hospital again janet,and my prayers are with you also too...i'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well phyllis and hope things will be better for you soon and my prayers are with you...i'm doing ok...love ya'll,cheryl

Old 09-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #6
(female)

Janet W. HB User

Cheryl- Hi so glad to hear from you... I think of you alot and still worry about you working in those conditions... Have the meds helped some- are you still in alot of pain?

Hope everyone out there is doing well. I am so glad to have my hubby home- doctors tell me this will be an ongoing situation- getting the infections in his legs and each time he will need to be hospitalized- I just pray he does not get them often- Nothing we can really do- it is caused from bacteria- maybe someday when he gets his new organ- this we will not have to worry about..

Love to all and wish all well Janet

Old 09-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #7
(female)

danal84 HB User

Hi, I am sorry to not write in for awhile, its just very busy with packing to move and all. I am very lucky mom is helping me and Kevin when he can but he is so busy with work and school. They move out of our new house and now there painting and fixing some things and soon were having new carpet. Amanda is in pre school and soon Nicole will be 2. We went to look at the rec center near our new house and its not to expensive to join, Kevin says we probaly have the money after we move. They have swim lessons for all ages so thats great for the girls. I am not to comforable to wear a swim suit but maybe I can learn, Kevin said he will go with me when he can and help me to feel less self concience. I hope yall are doing ok to.
Dana

Old 09-18-2008, 12:04 AM   #8
(female)

Janet W. HB User

Dana - Hi there... surely soumds like you have your hands full... Moving alone can be so stressful- so glad you have help. Try and get some rest when you can- I know it sounds crazy but you will have more energy.. Wish you well on the move and keep us posted when you feel up to it..

Hugs Janet

Closed Thread