It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 09:04 AM   #1
(female)

sue 5678 HB User
post polio and vitamins

hi, having post polio, i know that we must really have knowledge about our health and limitations, as i am discovering more about this illness, i know that our weight and nutrition have alot to do with our treatment, but my question is, what kind of vitamins are good for us to take? does any one take a multivitamin that has helped, any suggestions would be helpful,
Thanks,

Old 07-27-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
(female)

goldfinger56 HB User
Re: post polio and vitamins

i have taken many mvitimins over the yrs i find they make me eat more and like u said over weigh is'nt the right thing. living a christian life style w/b complex/walk when can have been good for me. i take a reg. pain med for the hip limp/lower back pain i have. i dont of any dr that really give too much knowledge care to post polio person's. i pray this help answer you question.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
(female)

sue 5678 HB User

thank you for your advice, i suppose we can only take one day at a time, and only do what we are able to do on any given day. I believe in the Lord, and I am grateful that i have made it this far. I too have hip and lower back pain. It's so hard sometimes to live with constant pain isn't it? Or rather, with so many limitations.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #4
(male)

brownh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue 5678 View Post
hi, having post polio, i know that we must really have knowledge about our health and limitations, as i am discovering more about this illness, i know that our weight and nutrition have alot to do with our treatment, but my question is, what kind of vitamins are good for us to take? does any one take a multivitamin that has helped, any suggestions would be helpful,
Thanks,
Taking Co enzyme Q10 will help to counteract tiredness/fatigue.

Closed Thread