It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

hatty16 HB User
the late effects of polio

hello everyone
i am new to this site, i had polio when i was two years old that was in 1957.i wore a caliper on my right leg untill i was eleven then they operated on my foot and i managed fine untill seven years ago. i have had my left hip replaced twice the first one they did didnt work i have got arthritis in my right hip as well but i am finding my right foot is causing most of my pain.i cant walk very far without discomfort its like i have got a pebble in my shoe i have had exrays on it and all the have said is its degeneration.my toes are curling up with arthritis as well.is there anybody ou there having this problem with there feet
hatty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
(female)

arogerskid HB User
Re: the late effects of polio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatty16 View Post
hello everyone
...i have got arthritis in my right hip as well but i am finding my right foot is causing most of my pain.i cant walk very far without discomfort its like i have got a pebble in my shoe
hatty
Hatty, welcome!

I've not had the same problems, there may be a connection between the way you ambulate and the pressure distribution on your feet. Could it be that you now walk differently to cause as little pain/discomfort to your hips and therefore put strain on your foot as a result?

In the past I have experienced "new" problems caused by compensating for an "old" problem in walking.

arogerskid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread