It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2001, 08:06 AM   #1

pennilover HB User
Smile new gal in town

Good Morning everybody: I just discovered your site & I'm very happy to be here. Seems like we have a lot of discussion going. I'm from Toronto,Cda. Is anybody else out there from this neck of the woods?. I have so many questions? First off let me say, I suffered polio at age 4 bak in early 50's. My right side was completely paralyzed. I was able to regain use of my legs but, unfortunately not my right arm. They wanted to amputate it but my mother refused to let them. Now I'm beginning to enter the depressed phase realizing the possibilities or lack thereof in my future. The only meds I'm on are for arthritis at present. What are some of the meds available for this problem? Sorry I'm so chatty. But need to know thais stuff.
Talk to you all soon from pennilover

The Following User Says Thank You to pennilover For This Useful Post:
nmvb1949 (10-10-2012)
Old 06-11-2001, 08:26 PM   #2

Memaa Brown HB User
Dear Penny,

Unfortunately we do not get many postings to this board. I cannot imagine why, as there are a lot of Polio survivors out there. This should be a good place to share important health information. We have PPS looming over our heads and need all the information and networking skills going for us. I am no source for current information, but maybe between the two of us we can get going. There was an article on CNN about Post Polio Syndrom and you can locate it on [url="http://www.CNN.com."]www.CNN.com.[/url] It has the National PPS information. I have not been able to find a local physician who will even acknowleges the problem. I was so very fortunate not to have lasting impairments from my bought with polio, but who knows what is coming now? I think you and I need to start with a good physician who is current with the PPS situation. Then we need to find a support group local to our areas. We also need to find out what if any medical trials, tests, studies for PPS ect. are available/ongoing. We are not done with this fight, unfortunately we may be entering a new phase. Good luck and good health to you. Memaa

------------------
Memaa Brown

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 05-04-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2001, 03:09 PM   #3

johnmichael HB User
Cool

Hello to both of you. I'm also suprised that there are so few postings for PPS since there are MANY of us out there. There are docs out there who specialize in PPS and it is really worth your time and trouble to find one. Good luck, from a polio survivior with PPS.

------------------

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 05-04-2003).]

Closed Thread