It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polio Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

cheesefrau HB User
Motorized wheelchairs

Hi all, does anyone have any suggestions on purchasing a motorized wheelchair? What should we make sure it has and doesn't have! What are the best ways of transporting this item and also, if warranties are offered, should we get one?
I am posting for the first time, so please excuse any errors.
Thanks for your help, cheesefrau

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
(female)

LilacGardenia HB UserLilacGardenia HB User
Re: Motorized wheelchairs

I don't know much about them except I saw this one called the Galileo Wheelchair -- it looked pretty cool and can go up and down stairs, move the user from a sitting position to a standing position, even move them to floor level and stand them back up again. I bet it's pretty expensive, however, if needed, those features might be really useful. Personally, I've never owned a wheelchair, but I believe it might be a good idea to get the warranty especially if it will be used day after day on a long term basis.

I'd do some research and shop around, and ask representatives from companies you are looking at for their input on all the different products they have to offer. Best of luck!

Last edited by LilacGardenia; 09-22-2011 at 11:07 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to LilacGardenia For This Useful Post:
cheesefrau (09-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
(female)

Cowboymom HB User
Re: Motorized wheelchairs

That one is the coolest! I know they are costly, but what price is mobility? Whatever brand you decide upon, make sure you shop it online. When we were shopping for a scooter for my mother, one company that was advertising came to demonstrate one to her. The guy was a real high pressure salesman and got rude when I told him that I wasn't buying one TODAY for $3500! I found a Pride that was twice the scooter and it was $1200! That was for a 4 wheel extra big with big wheels that went off road almost as good as an ATV!

There are as many lifts and carriers as there are chairs and scooters! Shop those too.

Closed Thread