It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 05:21 AM   #1

tryingtolose22 HB User
PCOS without irregular periods?

Hi there, I have done some research on PCOS and I seem to have a few of the symptoms, but my periods are fairly regular.

My sypmtoms include:

Very bloated and pelvic pain in the front often
Acne around my chin before and during my period
Bad Dandruff
Possibly some Sleep Apnea
Excess facial hair
Trouble losing weight (I'm about 20-25 lbs overweight)

I dont have a doctors appointment for another month or two and wondered if it was possible that I have this, or possible just a cyst, or if these symptoms relate to anything else?

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: PCOS without irregular periods?

Hi
From what I understand there are different versions of PCOS. I was told 1 year ago that I was PCOS by my GP and she sent me to an Endocrinologist and my GP thinks that I have had it for years.

My symptoms:
Irregular and Severe painful periods
Acne
middle body weight
oily skin
Severe Ovulation Pain (when ovulating)
ovarian cysts (clusters of cysts and massive cysts)
abdominal pain
boarderline Diabetes Insulin Resistance 105 on a fast
high Try's and low HDL overall high Cholesteral
Pregnancy diabetes while pregnant with my daughter
complications with pregnancys
facial hair and some body hair
yet, my hormone levels were in the normal range

I am on Metformin.I was put on it about 1 year ago but did not take it like I should. I was in so much pain it was like nothing was gonna help. But I did have a hyst done in May. This was due to several problems, not just the Ovarian Cysts, I also had Adenomyosis, and severe case of Pelvic Congestion. The strange thing is (and I was told this was normal of PCOS ) after my hyst my Cholesteral did a nose dive after the ovaries were removed. It was 254 now it is 222, but I still have high Trys and low HDLs. My diabete level is 105.

Like I said supposedly there are different variatiions of PCOS...I am still very confused my self on the condition. I still suffer from alot of the symptoms even though I do not have my ovaries anymore. (everything was removed but my cervix with the hyst)

What you need to due is speak with your GP,and OB and go over your history. You will need blood work done too.

Do you have any history of ovarian cysts?? Even if you don't that may not matter, it may still be PCOS. This is a confusing condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread