It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

metayer4 HB User
PCOS-please offer help-long

I've been struggling with menopause 5.0 (40), weight gain (20lbs. in a year) anxiety, acne and being so tired and lethargic all the time I had a 7mm cyst removed in July of 2004 - after which, my periods were normal until March of 2005 - I've not had a period since then and I have been feeling just down right tired all the time and simply horrible. PCP's kept wanting to shoove me out the door and put me on anti depressants. (which though I'm upset about my situation, I don't consider myself depressed) frustrated more then anything. Finally forced my PCP to send me to an endo (and though I'm not certain I like his bedside manner) I will be getting my results within a few days, as I just went for a ton of blood tests. I suspect I will come back insulin resistant and/or pcos. I've never been able to have children (even tried many years ago with clomid, etc. surgery etc.) I had a smaller cyst on other ovary but, it grew at a very slow non-rate so that ovary didn't get removed in 7/04 - Can anyone offer any light on my situation - the weight gain and being tired all the time is becoming, well, tiresome! - will keep you posted on my blood work. They are testing for t4f, tsh, tabs, bas.met.panel, dhea, glucose, igf, insulin, prl, lipid profile, testo, free cortisol, pcos, obseity-should cover it? what do you think? Did any of your doctors just make you feel like you were whining and complaining and that something mental was wrong? that's where I've been and its frutrating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread