It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2005, 05:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Side effrects of treatment

If the meds for treatment lower the testosterone and/or raise the estrogen levels does it reduce the sexual desire?

After reading these many posts it seems that the younger ones with the PCOS symptoms are slim & full of energy from the testosterone, along with acne & a good appetite. As the body ages & the estrogen level is increased with BC pills the testosterone/estrogen ratio is back in balance for several years & they gain weight. Then the BC pills are stopped for some reason & the estrogen levels drop & the testosterone/estrogen ratio is messed up again & hair facial growth starts. Then a doctor finds PCOS & introduces the meds.

Is this anywhere near accurate?

Thanks,

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Radiation finished, side effects diminishing. flyfisher37 Cancer: Prostate 6 04-30-2011 06:13 PM
Can You Please Help Me- roaccutane hair loss side effect hdezjopa Hair Loss / Alopecia 0 09-14-2009 10:04 PM
Hormone Therapy (Chemical Castration) Side Effects... able5 Cancer: Prostate 9 01-26-2008 07:38 AM
radiation side effects minga Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 1 03-31-2007 11:22 AM
Moody! Lunesta withdrawal? Or Trazodone side effect? DKScully Sleep Disorders 4 01-23-2007 09:09 AM