It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

lexla HB User
PCOS/on accutane/meds??

What kind of medication is given for PCOS? I just found out i have pcos and am on accutane for acne ( probably a lovely result of pcos!! lol ) but i have a dr appt later this week about it but am curious on meds they put you on and if its ok with accutane.... i am on OTC birth control . Thanks!

Old 11-29-2005, 09:06 PM   #2
(female)

mustangsally65 HB User
Re: PCOS/on accutane/meds??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexla
What kind of medication is given for PCOS? I just found out i have pcos and am on accutane for acne ( probably a lovely result of pcos!! lol ) but i have a dr appt later this week about it but am curious on meds they put you on and if its ok with accutane.... i am on OTC birth control . Thanks!
Hi lexla! Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but you are not alone here.

Depending on your other symptoms you might not be put on any meds. If you are trying to conceive you might be put on a couple of drugs, if you are insulin resistant you might be put on metformin like I have been, you could also be put on a birth control that's different from what you are taking now. It all depends on your unique situation and what your plans for childbearing are.

Let us know! Take care!

Sally

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2005, 09:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lexla HB User
Re: PCOS/on accutane/meds??

Thanks for you reply! no im not trying to concieve, im in my junior yr at college and am on accutane ( prob bc and pcos related) so im not allowed to even if i wanted! lol ill let you know when i see my dr friday and see what she says. Thanks again!

Closed Thread