It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

Ashley C HB User
Skin Tags and Dark Skin Patches

Does anyone have problems with skin tags and dark skin patches?

A little bit of background info...I had an ultrasound scheduled for this Tuesday but had to reschedule due to starting my period which was already 10 days late. I have not been diagnosed with PCOS yet, but I took a quiz and scored in the level that most women with PCOS score in and I have almost all of the symptoms. I am obese, have irregular periods, pain in my ovaries, problems swelling, high blood pressure, and a history of female problems in my family. The quiz that I took was scored by if you had a symptom it gave you a point, and the more points the higher risk of PCOS. Two of the things that I have a big problem with was actually two points a piece like it was one of the main symptoms. I am wondering if anyone else has problems with these.

My first problem...skin tags. I have a few on my neck, one in between my legs, one on my back, and several under my arms. I have so many under my arms that it looks like little patches clustered together. I have more under my right arm then my left. I also have one on my eyelid. Does anyone know what causes these? The quiz that I took called them hormonal growths. Is this true? I have also heard that they can be removed. How do you get them removed, do they hurt, and how do you prevent them from coming back?

My second problem...dark skin patches. My doctor told me its called Acanthosis Nigracian having to do with high sugar levels. I have it on the back of my neck, my knees, elbows, under my arms, and the worse spot is on my inner thighs/bikini areas. The skin is very dark and feels very smooth. It almost looks like the skin is dirty but it will not go away. My doc told me that loosing weight would make it go away...is this true, and are these signs of PCOS?

Are these big signs of PCOS? Does anyone else have them, and how can I get rid of them or make sure they don't come back? It is very embarrasing to me! I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer me in sharing their experiences!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread