It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
(female)

freepersonality HB User
Smile needing help and encouragement!!!!

hi i am new to this board but i have been diagnosed with pcos for about 10 yrs. i am 28 yrs old and i am trying to get my hormones back in alignment.i let them go in the year 2000 when my was diagnosed with terminal cancer and then she passed and away and then my dad was real sick and the following year u also lost my grandmother also. since then my pcos has been really bad with really bad facial hair and really bad thinning hair or the form of male pattern baldness.Since i have started back on the glucophage 2000 mg a day the hair is starting to come back slowly. but the thing that i am most sick of is people looking at me and saying "SIR" to me.

has any body out there had these kind of problems please help me.

tiffanie

Old 11-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #2
(female)

aspidites HB User
Re: needing help and encouragement!!!!

I am 27 and have had PCOS since I started my periods at 10. It has been hell, especially early on when doctors were like "what is PCOS?" I have not had any hair loss but really for you there is more to it than just the PCOS. With all of the stress you have gone through and the terrible losses your body was worn out. It sounds like you are on the right track though. I hope you continue to get better. I know what it is like to let yourself go when bad things are happening in your life. But now that you are addressing the issue of the PCOS, I bet you will continue to see improvements. If the hair is of great concern laser removal works and there are also some really good hair removal products out there for a lot less money. If you ever watch HSN they have a product line on called serious skin care, and they have a hair removal cream that works great, even on stubborn leg hair!!! Just make sure though that no matter what happens continue to take care of you. That is one important part of being physically able to deal with emotional stressors. At least it has been for me. I have had a child, and since then my tummy still is chubby, and twice in the last 4 months I have had people ask me when I am due. I hate it, I feel like a cow, no matter what I do I can't lost the weight. I have some hair under my chin that I check everyday and pluck. Sometimes I just feel gross, but then I think that I am not alone. I have good days and bad, but more and more I am having mostly good. So hang in there. I hope that things will continue to improve for you!! Good luck!!!!

Last edited by aspidites; 11-09-2006 at 09:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

keen111 HB User
Re: needing help and encouragement!!!!

I havent been diagnosed with PCOS, but i too suffer from all the symptoms possible i think! Hair growth, acne (boils), darkening of the skin, irregular periods, etc etc... I have been to the doctors, who i have to say was unhelpful, she examined me for underlying issues etc, but everything was clear...she said "its possible you have PCOS, but we won't know without tests" Since then, nothing has happened...She hasnt done any blood tests or anything.

I really want to go back to the docs, but in all honesty, i have quite a phobia about going! She did say to go back if my problems persist, which in hindsight i rally should, but i thought first i would try this weight loss thing and join a gym...Which i have, but nothing seems to be shifting fast! I would like any help and advice to relieve some of my symptoms, til i pluck up the courage to go to the docs?! Especially help with the hair growth...cheaper the better!!

Thanks in advance,

K

Closed Thread