It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
(female)

wannabeamommy19 HB User
new here with pcos

Hello all,

I'm new to this board and i'm already feeling very welcomed I was dx with pcos about 2years ago and was put on 100mg of clomid last month with no response at all! My gyn referred me to a RE because he felt there was nothing else he could do for me. I've been reading alot about Femera has anyone had any positive results with it? I can't take glucophage due to liver problems. Any info you might have would be great!! Thanks

~wannabe~

Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
(female)

emilycaitlin HB User
Re: new here with pcos

Hi,
Femara is the generic name for Letrozole, or maybe it's the other way around but they are one in the same. I remember all too well my gyn telling me there was nothing else he could do for me, actually his nurse called and said it, felt torn apart for months cause that's how long it took to get in at the first re I went to. There are things an re can do for you, lots of things, even if glucophage isn't an option. I took 3 cycles Femara with Metformin, unfortunately I didn't respond but many do.
The only real advice I can give you is definitely ask your re about femara, also ask what the next step will be if it doesn't work. It always helped me to have a specific plan in mind, knowing there was another treatment/procedure in case the current one didn't work. The next step for me was ovarian drilling and or laparoscopy, never got there (ridiculous insurance!), but maybe one day. Most re's will want you to have an hsg done before beginning tx if you haven't already had one.
Are you having to wait very long before seeing your re? If you are you probably know all this but in the meantime you can cut down on caffeine, eat healthily etc etc. Good luck em

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread