It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2006, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

spurlingkid HB User
Unhappy seeking support!

Hi everyone

I got diagnosed with PCOS just over a year ago now having been going to the doctors pretty much every week for about two years complaining of tiredness, period problems, acne etc, and having been ignored by my (male) GP for roughly two years I finally convinced him to refer me to a (female) consultant who diagnosed me in about ten seconds flat. She recommended I get put on metformin, which my GP has refused to do. He also ignores every plea for help I go to him with. I have now changed GPs as I have moved, but I'm feeling totally demoralised! My consultant advised that losing weight will alleviate the symptoms, but I have been trying so so hard to do so for over a year now and its just not happening. Has anyone else experienced something similar - the total lack of support, and the huge problems losing weight? I don't want PCOS to take over my life, its not like its fatal and they have huge success with the fertility issues now, I'm only 21 anyway so children aren't really an issue at the moment, but increasingly I just find its all I think about! I hate being so overweight, I hate still having teenage skin at my age, and I wouldn't feel so bad if I just knew that I could do something about it, but I have really tried everything now and I'm getting so down about it. I wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience!

Thanks!

Closed Thread