It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
(female)

dollfacexo HB User
Eighteen; Extremely scared; Diet; Hair

I'm newly 18 years old, and I've just been diagnosed with not only PCOS, but with an apparently terrible case of uterine fibroids too-- so bad that they couldn't see my right ovary during the transvaginal ultrasound.

Now I'm reading all this hype about hysterectomies and insulin intolerance and infertility, and to say the very, very least: I am scared to death.

I mean, does this mean I'll never be able to conceive? I know I'm young but to know that one day when I feel it's right to have children that I might not be able to is devestating to me. So is the premature menopause brought on by a possible hysterectomy for my uterine fibroids.

My doctor is baffled that I'd have these issues so young and so am I.

I was wondering about diet, too. She says this is because of an insulin intolerance but what does that mean? I know in general it means eat less sugar/carbs but how much less? What's okay and what's not okay?

I'm just so confused and I never ask questions when I should-- it's always a lot for me to swallow at the time so all these questions come up later.

And not to mention that as an 18 year old, having this much excessive hair is completely brutal. I try depiliatories, tweezing, etc. I'm considering bleaching? Lazer treatments seem so incredibly expensive-- TOO expensive. It's just so embarrassing!

Old 02-08-2007, 08:11 AM   #2
(female)

Tresh HB User
Re: Eighteen; Extremely scared; Diet; Hair

Hi,

As far as diet my Dr. put me on the South Beach Diet but I am allowed to have the Fruit. I am suppose to get three servings of Fruit and Veggies Daily. I am not allowed any bread or potatoes either, No Caffiene. I have been on the diet for 3 months now along with glucophage and I have lost 30lbs. Amylose Free Life Style is what helps.

*Avoid all simple sugars such as candy, sodas, cakes, pies, ice cream etc. These are almost pure forms of Sugar.
*Avoid veggies that grow underground, bananas, peanuts and foods enriched W/ matltodextrins and corn syrup.
*Eat a min of (3) servings of veggies and fruit Daily.
*Eat at least 6 oz of protein daily.
*Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
*Dont count calories just don't over eat.
* Garlic and Onions are ok even though they are grown underground.

I hope this helps you some.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread