It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
(female)

kristylynne HB User
Unhappy I'm Getting The Run Around, I Need Help, Please!! :(

Hello,
Now just to warn you all, this is probably going to be long! I'm 18 years old, I have had irregular periods since I was 16, I was put on birth control to see if this would help, it did for awhile until my "doctor" kept on putting me on different birth controls, at the age of 16 I was told that I had PCOS, I had no idea what it was until I had gotten home and researched it on the internet. My doctor did absolutely nothing for me. I later went to a dietitian, I was about 180 pounds, I had lost about 50 pounds, starving myself and drinking huge amounts of water. After I had took off the weight I had an emotional break down with family problems and put it all back on. Last summer I experienced unbearable pains in my stomach while sitting at home. I wasn't sure if it was my period or not, so I went to the washroom and contemplated with myself to hold on for a few more minutes to see if the pain would magically disappear. That didn't work either, I went to the hospital, at first they thought that I had passing gul stones, but the case was that I had pancreatitis. I was hospitalized for four days because my enzyme count was too high. Since than I was diagnosed with Diabetes, making it extremely harder for me too again take off the weight. Since having diabetes my doctor had put me on metformin, I was on 500mg 4 tables a day. I could not sleep at night because of going to the washroom so much, that I couldn't take it anymore. I have since than went back to my doctor and told him my side effects, and that it was just being too much too deal with all of the pain. He pushed me aside as always and told me to take 3 pills instead. One day I had went in not knowing that my doctor would not be there and that there was a resident doctor there for 2 weeks I got lucky, I had told her everything. She had sent me for a ultrasound, and I still have to go for a glucose test and MORE blood work. I'm really considered about my health, because my doctor always diagnoses me and than I ask him a question about the specific disease he will turn around and say "who told you that" I am really frustrated and need help!!! It's really scary that I have had PCOS for about 2 1/2 years now and he will not do ANYTHING about it, he tells me that I may develop cysts, but I have not went for any testing.. If there's anyone reading this and can relate, I'd really like to share stories.
Thanks again all!!!
I look forward to hearing from you's!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
(female)

Mandie27 HB User
Re: I'm Getting The Run Around, I Need Help, Please!! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristylynne View Post
Hello,
Now just to warn you all, this is probably going to be long! I'm 18 years old, I have had irregular periods since I was 16, I was put on birth control to see if this would help, it did for awhile until my "doctor" kept on putting me on different birth controls, at the age of 16 I was told that I had PCOS, I had no idea what it was until I had gotten home and researched it on the internet. My doctor did absolutely nothing for me. I later went to a dietitian, I was about 180 pounds, I had lost about 50 pounds, starving myself and drinking huge amounts of water. After I had took off the weight I had an emotional break down with family problems and put it all back on. Last summer I experienced unbearable pains in my stomach while sitting at home. I wasn't sure if it was my period or not, so I went to the washroom and contemplated with myself to hold on for a few more minutes to see if the pain would magically disappear. That didn't work either, I went to the hospital, at first they thought that I had passing gul stones, but the case was that I had pancreatitis. I was hospitalized for four days because my enzyme count was too high. Since than I was diagnosed with Diabetes, making it extremely harder for me too again take off the weight. Since having diabetes my doctor had put me on metformin, I was on 500mg 4 tables a day. I could not sleep at night because of going to the washroom so much, that I couldn't take it anymore. I have since than went back to my doctor and told him my side effects, and that it was just being too much too deal with all of the pain. He pushed me aside as always and told me to take 3 pills instead. One day I had went in not knowing that my doctor would not be there and that there was a resident doctor there for 2 weeks I got lucky, I had told her everything. She had sent me for a ultrasound, and I still have to go for a glucose test and MORE blood work. I'm really considered about my health, because my doctor always diagnoses me and than I ask him a question about the specific disease he will turn around and say "who told you that" I am really frustrated and need help!!! It's really scary that I have had PCOS for about 2 1/2 years now and he will not do ANYTHING about it, he tells me that I may develop cysts, but I have not went for any testing.. If there's anyone reading this and can relate, I'd really like to share stories.
Thanks again all!!!
I look forward to hearing from you's!
First of all you need a new doctor. He really don't seem to have your best interest or your future in consideration. By doing the ultrasound, blood test, and glucose test is how they diagnosed you probably. When I was diagnosed they did all the same test the resident doctor did except my doctor did a biopsy of my uterus too. Did he put you on any medicines?

Old 05-14-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

kristylynne HB User
Re: I'm Getting The Run Around, I Need Help, Please!! :(

People seem to think that I am getting the run around because of my age being almost 19. I'm not too sure what to make of it! I did just recently go for a ultrasound on my pelvis and they haven't called me back, and also they said if something was wrong with the ultrasound I would have to go for a transvaginal.
Thanks for the reply though, I am going to look for a new doctor ASAP!!

Closed Thread