It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
(female)

nanoose HB User
does pcos affect weight loss

does pcos affect weight loss

Old 02-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: does pcos affect weight loss

Hey Nanoose,

I was dx'd with PCOS over twenty years ago and one of the things that made me question my OB/GYN at the time was that I was gaining weight but had not changed my diet/eating habits. I also noticed my hair thinning, a sudden increase in facial hair and my cycle had stopped completely. I went through all kinds of tests, took progesterone etc. and even tried dieting, to no avail. It wasn't until my hubby and I decided to start walking every day, that I began to actually start dropping the weight, my testosterone levels dropped and my hair stopped thinning as much. We just did about 5 miles a day, as many days as our schedules allowed and I eventually lost about 28 pounds. My OB/GYN thinks that because I started walking every day I helped to speed up my metabolism, which set off a kind of "hormonal chain reaction". This might just have been what worked for me, but when you're trying to get through the frustration of PCOS, it never hurts to give it a try. About 3-6 months after I lost the weight, I started ovulating and mestruating again and eventually became pregnant. My cycle is normal to this day, and my doc and I still don't know if thats what did it or not, but it seemed to do the trick when the meds weren't working. Good luck, I hope this helped at least a little. cmpgirl

The Following User Says Thank You to cmpgirl For This Useful Post:
manaboo (03-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread