It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
(female)

Andiepants HB User
PCOS & Diane 35... Side Effects?

Hi everyone,

So i have the god ol' pcos. the doctor gave me a prescription for diane. I have a few break-outs now and then (nothing makeup cant cover!) and ive noticed in increase in hair and i know diane is supposed to help with those hormonal issues. but what im REALLLY wondering is the whole weight gain issue.

Most pills are notorious for adding a 5-10 padding and every doctor recommends weight LOSS as a way to alleviate pcos symptoms... SO does going on the pill really help with pcos? and does anyone have any weight-gain/loss stories with diane 35?!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
(female)

Reinita HB User
Re: PCOS & Diane 35... Side Effects?

Andiepants... Ive just switched from allese to diane-35 i just finished my first pack (the doc has me on it bc from sept-oct Ive started to develop really bad back acne =( , I have never had it this bad before normally a pimple or two now its just embarrasing) Ive noticed although my diet hasnt changed much I look at my body and its changing my love handles have grown so have my boobs...I also feel fatter.. keep in mind I run everyday min 40mins and weight train 6 days a week. I eat fairly healthy too I came on this site bc I think Diane 35 is making me gain weight =(

ps i was on allese for 4 years and never had a problem with it... never made me gain weight before allese i was on tri cyclen and that did make me gain weight as well

Last edited by Reinita; 04-05-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2008, 06:42 AM   #3
(female)

barbyydoll40 HB User

After being diagnosed with PCOS years ago the DIANE 35 saved me. Took care of all the acne. My boobs grew a lot and I probably gained weight but I think if you stick with it you could lose the weight. It stopped all the hair growth and acne. I felt "normal".

The following user gives a hug of support to barbyydoll40:
NOENA (08-10-2011)
Old 06-09-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
(female)

Kerbear55 HB User

Hey ..I am on Diane and have been for just over 5 yrs. I did notice weight gain at the beginning and also over the years I have noticed that I got stretch marks (many many in many areas) as well as a huge increase in cellulite. I feel like slowly it has progressively gotten worse. I weigh about 120 and im 5'5 I am just really worried because I dont know if this is a reaction from the pill. Has anyone had this reaction ?????? I have asked the doctors and no one has really given me any info. The cellulite and stretch marks are also in strange areas like all down my legs including my calves. I am not very big person and I try to workout as much as possible so I am confused as to why this is happening.
Anyone experiencing the same thing?....if so what did you do because I am debating on going off of Diane and trying something else.

Closed Thread