It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2008, 03:20 AM   #1
(female)

ritaki13 HB User
New to this-Diagnosed with PCOS

Hi!

Few days back i was diagnosed with PCO'S. I have hormonal imbalance due to that and sever acne.
I was feeling depressed,i am still for a few years due to my acne and the fact that my breast did not fully developed.
I started taking Glucophage does anyone know if this will actually put my hormones into balance and may in some way help my breast grow?
I feel very insecure about myself, due to the acne and small breast.
I dont feel beautiful
If anyone has experience and knows for sure pls reply asap.
Thank u in advance

fragile_dreams

Old 11-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
(female)

Solange3000 HB User
Re: New to this-Diagnosed with PCOS

Hello Ritaki13, Glucophage or Metformin is a medication that is usually prescribed to people with type 2 diabetes and it helps to reduce the sugar levels in your blood. However, this medication is also prescribed to women with PCOS because women with PCOS also have insulin resistance. I'm not sure if this medication will help you increase the size of your breasts but it might help you to have regular periods and therefore help your hormones. I've been taking Metformin for many years and my breasts never got any bigger.
The acne and depression are also symptoms of PCOS, I always had a bit of acne but nothing severe, I usually use coco butter cream and it helps to dry the pimples and prevents dark marks. I also dealt with some depression a couple of years ago and exercise and talking to my doctor also helped a lot in dealing with the condition. If your acne is really bad I would suggest talking to a dermatology and they should help you with the problem.
I'm sorry that you are feeling down, most of us with PCOS have to deal with a lot so it's understandable the way you feel. I just hope that things do get better for you and that you are able to lift up your spirits.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2008, 04:14 AM   #3
(female)

ritaki13 HB User
Re: New to this-Diagnosed with PCOS

Dear Solange3000,

Thank you so much for replying. I appreciate that.
It's supporting knowing someone else feels the way you do.
I did talk to my dermatologist and told her i was feeling bad and she re assured me that i will have a beautiful face with the whole treatment(exercise, diet, glucophage and antibiotic cream for acne)
So I do start to feel a bit better psychologically..i was hoping that my breasts being small was due to this hormonal problem and now that my hormones will get into a balance tht will change as well..
Maybe to you doens't sound much of a big deal but it's making me feel inescure about myself seeing all those girls with nice clevage.(if that\s how u spell it:P)i\m cypriot forgive my english
Thank you though for sharing ur experience with me you are very kind
god bless

Closed Thread