It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
(female)

Pradadgirl123 HB User
Spironolactone and pregnancy

I just found out that im 5weeks pregnant. I had been taking spironlactone 50mgs, and scared that it may harm my fetus, especially if male. Since I found out, I have stopped taking the medications. The Dr tells me that the dosage was pretty low, and that I have nothing to worry about. But, I have always been told, that if I got pregnant while on Spironolatcone, that I should consider termination. Funny thing was, I was on BCP and Aldactone, and I got pregnant. Can anyone give me any insight to my worries and concerns.

The following user gives a hug of support to Pradadgirl123:
sweetdsmom (01-22-2011)
Old 12-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
(female)

Analise25 HB User
Re: Spironolactone and pregnancy

I am sorry I don't have any insight, but I am concerned about the same thing. I think I may be pregnant and was taking spironolactone. I stopped a few weeks ago , but I read somewhere that you should allow 2 months. I wasn't trying to get pregnant so I didn't stop for that. Have you gotten any answers yet? I wish you the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sahuja12 HB User

I am taking Spiro for acne and wondering the same thing...I am not pregnant but mny husband and I will start trying soon. My derm and pharmacist said its safe t use until you are pregnant...Then you stop... But I am concerned...

Old 12-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User

Pradadgirl, I am too surprised that if you took your bcp like you should that you got pg. What bcp were you on? Did you ever skip sometimes? I would def ask for another opinion and yes you were on a low dose. Did that dose actually clear you up? You can get online and read about it more. Also their are some online sites that answer you questions. I believe that you have to pay but not much. good luck and you should be concerned

Old 01-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
(female)

evesbelle HB User

PradaGirl- did you find anymore info? I too am pregnant at six weeks and have been taking 75mg of Spironolactone. I am worried about the side effects and cannot seem to find any info on the web that might help. I only find drug warnings and "talk to your doctor". Please let me know if you have any insight.
Thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to evesbelle:
sweetdsmom (01-22-2011)
Closed Thread