It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
(female)

Kandeeee HB User
Exclamation Do you have any tips for losing weight with PCOS?

Thanks everyone!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
(female)

Ms GT HB User
Re: Do you have any tips for losing weight with PCOS?

I have the same problem so I went to see a nutritionist....
She told me to control the portions that I eat but dont watch calories, ect...
She said dont skip meals, one must eat 3 meals a day plus snacks, fruits and nuts...
I have began to excersice 3 times per week for 45 mins and she said that slowly I must do 5 days a week...
I have been taking metformin for 2 months now and with any excersice I have lost 5 lbs so I am really hoping that once the physical activity gets going I wil be able to loose all the weight I need to, good luck to you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
(female)

anntext HB User

it is possable to lose weight with pcos, i been on slimming world and weight watchers and found them both to work, sometimes it hard because you don't lose as much as other people on there, but all you have to think is its a lose then a gain, I was on diet when i lost 7llb when i found out i was pregnant so i have stop now.

but i managed to lose 2 stone with weight watchers before that, i was silly and put this back on but it can be done! x

Old 10-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
(female)

luckyhorsegurl HB User
Thumbs up Re: Do you have any tips for losing weight with PCOS?

Calorie count (1500 calories) and then I do zumba and pilates. 5 days a week for an hour. I lost 10 pounds! And its fun! I love going to the gym to workout now!

Old 10-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
(female)

shauna71904 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandeeee View Post
Thanks everyone!!!
atkins is what has worked for me. diagnosed in late feb. early march with PCOS and went on atkins immediately. have dropped 31 lbs since then... aim to lose anothr 15 prior to my wedding next year.... just make sure to read the book and follow the directions 100% dont cheat and alter it... if you do not follow the directions it is VERY dangerous.. but I was told a lot of PCOS sufferers like myself become insulin resistant

Old 10-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
(female)

ArmyMommie HB User

I have lost 30lbs in 4 months. I take 2000mg metformin and I was also taking sprinolatone(spelling?) I watched what I ate and worked out 45mins 3x's a week. The sprinolatone REALLY helps! I helps with the hair growth, acne and best of all weight. You can't take it with pregnancy and since we started trying this month I had to come off it. Talk to your doctor and see if you can take it. One of my friends also has PCOS and she started taking it and lost 20lbs.

Closed Thread