It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
(female)

DancingEquine92 HB User
Frequent Sexual Feelings - Is this Normal? Please Read

Hi, I'm 19 years old, and I have PCOS (Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome). I recently got my period, because I'm taking Metformin, but very, very frequently, I feel urges to have sex. I'm choosing abstinence because I'd like to wait to have sex when I'm married. I try to masturbate but I want so much more than that. This feeling of sexual desire is beccoming so uncomfortable and annoying, it sometimes prevents me from sleeping at night. Could this be a result of PCOS because my hormones are out of balance?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Laura

Old 01-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
(female)

missc23 HB User
Re: Frequent Sexual Feelings - Is this Normal? Please Read

It could be due to the hormonal imbalance but it's more than likely because you are 19 and abstinent. Those urges are normal and nothing to worry about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
(female)

Myshkin HB User

It sounds very normal and very healthy for a 19 year old. Try to enjoy it and embrace it instead. It's perfectly normal and just what your body is supposed to do

Last edited by Myshkin; 01-27-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
(female)

DancingEquine92 HB User

But how can this be normal? Sometimes I feel like I'm going out of my mind if I'm not touched. Sorry to be detailed but that's how it feels.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
(female)

Myshkin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingEquine92 View Post
But how can this be normal? Sometimes I feel like I'm going out of my mind if I'm not touched. Sorry to be detailed but that's how it feels.
That sounds very normal to me. Sexual desire and desire to be together with another person is a fundamental instict and drive. Especially at 19 when you're young and the attraction is the strongest.

We all feel like that. And when you have decided to not give in to that and wait till marriage I would guess, that those urges would get even stronger. Celebaci is a challenge. I couldn't do it myself

I hope you find a way to satisfy your healthy desire in accordance with your ethics. Most of all I hope you don't suppress those good feelings and your natural sexuality but find some way of making it work for you.

I don't have any advice to give you on how to make celibacy work. I have never done it and never considered waiting til marriage myself.

Last edited by Myshkin; 01-28-2012 at 05:16 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Myshkin For This Useful Post:
DancingEquine92 (01-29-2012)
Old 01-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
(female)

quietob HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingEquine92 View Post
Hi, I'm 19 years old, and I have PCOS (Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome). I recently got my period, because I'm taking Metformin, but very, very frequently, I feel urges to have sex. I'm choosing abstinence because I'd like to wait to have sex when I'm married. I try to masturbate but I want so much more than that. This feeling of sexual desire is beccoming so uncomfortable and annoying, it sometimes prevents me from sleeping at night. Could this be a result of PCOS because my hormones are out of balance?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Laura
I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was not much older than you. It took me two and a half years to finally get a diagnosis. Among the many troubling symptoms, especially severe weight gain, I had a tremendous spike in my libido. It was shocking actually. What you have described in your post is almost identical to what I went through. I was craving sex so bad I even considered having casual sex but I managed to get myself under control enough to realize this would make me feel horrible about myself.

I don't know if you are waiting to lose your virginity until your wedding night for religious reasons as you mention masturbation, which abstaining from usually goes hand in hand (pardon the pun) with abstinence from sex. Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with that and if you have to do it four times a day just to get some relief, go for it. As for waiting until your wedding night-- my personal feelings are that you should be deeply in love with the person that you are having sex with and you should be certain that they are just as in love with you, whether you are married or not. If that's the person you end up marrying, and you do wait until the wedding night, that's great!

When I finally saw an endocrinologist, I told her my sex drive had gone through the roof and that it was driving me crazy. She explained it like this. The cysts on the ovaries prevent the normal production of female hormones such as estrogen and progesterone. This causes an elevation in the male hormones called androgens. One androgen is testosterone and as we all know, that's what makes males naturally want to have lots of sex.

A few other posters have commented that it's just natural that you are amorous because of your age. Actually women tend to have an increased sex drive as they get older, especially nearing menopause, because this is yet another situation in which hormones become unbalanced.

If you work really hard on doing everything you can to deal with your PCOS such as eating a super healthy diet and getting lots of exercise, this may help. A regular exercise program should help to curb your sexual appetite as this will release endorphines.

By the way, I've had PCOS for nearly 20 years and my libido, though not as bad as the first two years, is still very high. I had a boyfriend (we were both deeply in love with each other) for about five years and I was constantly pestering him for sex. Poor thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to quietob For This Useful Post:
DancingEquine92 (01-29-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
(female)

celinaeve1 HB User

I would recommend looking into a drug called "Spironolactone". This drug binds to the free testosterone in your bloodstream, lowering your circulating testosterone levels. High testosterone can reek havoc on your female system in many ways, such as unwanted hair growth, increased libido, aggressiveness, etc. What you are experiencing sounds attributable to the excessive testosterone so typical in women with pcos. Ask your doctor about this drug. It would help to curb this.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #8
(female)

USmiss HB User

I had this issue starting at the age of 12. I was very interested in sex and began exploring with masturbation then. Sometimes I would do it numerous times a day and I always felt guilty, ashamed, and like there was something wrong with me. I think the more I felt negatively about it, the more I thought about sex. I do think some of the thoughts were intrusive thoughts dealing with my OCD and at the time, I didn't know any other way but to touch myself to get rid of them. I am very proud of you for wanting to wait for marriage. I saved myself until I met my current boyfriend whom I've been with for almost 2 years. I still have times where I am "in the mood" a lot, but my thoughts are healthy because it's not like I'm going around having promiscuous sex. Just because you think about it a lot doesn't mean you have a problem. The more you try to push something out if your head, the more it persists. Just accept the thoughts and enjoy exploring your body. It's really healthy, though most women don't like to talk about it. Knowing your body now and learning what turns you on will only help you when you do find the one you are going to marry or lose your virginity to.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User

I actually think it's a symptom of PCOS. I say this because I too have PCOS. I was diagnosed 2 years ago and I'm 26. I've done a ton of research on PCOS. The thing with me is that my sex drive isn't as high as it used to be. I only seem to want sex when I'm on my period and when I'm ovulating. Other than that, I don't even think of sex. Sucks for my husband lol. Anywho, I don't think your increased sex drive is because you're abstaining and because you're 19. I do think it's your hormones due to PCOS. But listen, there's nothing wrong in masturbating. If you feel comfortable with yourself doing it, then do it. It's your own personal business and no one can judge you for it. Plus, you're doing it for the right reasons, because you've decided to abstain until your wedding night. Nothing wrong in that and I applaud you for that. Maybe you can try what that person said, those pills. Maybe see if they can help ya?

Old 12-01-2012, 05:36 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

My sex drive used to be through the roof.Since being on Spironolactone and Metformin though,I barely have one at all now.I definitely think women with PCOS can have higher sex drives.It's a shame that goes along with so many other undesirable qualities

Closed Thread