It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

BluCrystalz HB User
Smile PCOS and Vitex

Hello everyone. My name is Maheen. i am 23 years old. i have had PCOS since i was 13 years old but didnt really know anything about the condition. I have always had irregular periods, a lot of facial hair, weight gain, and various parts of my body which has skin darker than the rest. In 2008, i was just 20 years old, i went through a cystectomy. The surgury was a major one. The cyst removed was about 3 pounds and the size of a small football and was growing from my right ovary. the ovary got saved but a small piece of my right fallopian tube had to be removed.

My periods have always been irregular. my last period was in August of 2011, and that was because my doc had me take provera to induce it. i have taken a few pregnancy test just to make sure i wasnt already pregnant and they all came out negative. i have a lot of knowledge about PCOS, but i have never heard of Vitex.

well, i have been married now for almost 3 years and its about time for us to have babies. i have lost a lot of weight knowing very well that it helps in the conception process. I also take Metformin, 1000 mg 2 times a day. i was on the pill for 4 years. i stopped taking it in May of 2011. i was just reading online to see what is a good natural remedy to help conceive and stumbled upon Vitex. I have been only reading good things about it and want more opinions. Have any of you guys used Vitex or are currently using vitex and have success with it? and if so, where can i find it.

Any help to help me through this hard time is much appreciated.

Last edited by BluCrystalz; 02-03-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
(female)

MCH307 HB User
Re: PCOS and Vitex

hey! i had taken vitex for about 6 months.
Id say it worked for me, made my periods a bit more reasonable. I suffered from very LONG, HEAVY periods. it made them more manageable. and there were no side effects or anything. after a while it just kind of stopped working....

Old 06-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

Inawe HB User

Hey Mehaan,

I have used Vitex for about 8mo. I started to help regulate my period at first as I was not really trying to get pregnant ( I was told with my history of PCOS this was not going to happen on my own ). It is a wonderful herb as it did make by cycle more regular and dependable. I have been married for past 2 years and like I said not really trying to conceive but I noticed I did not get my period for the first tiem since starting Vitex in past 8 months which really I thought nothing of and well....I just figured it stopped working and Im irregular again. Then I noticed my breast were VERY sore so I though what the heck I'll so a pregnancy test. It was very positive!. I'm excited but like I said not at all expected. So was it the Vitex ??? I'm thinking it helped.

You should not take Vitex if on clomid or another fertility treatment. I honestly purchased mine from rose mountain herbs as dried berries and ground them myself but you can also get at GMC or other online vitamin stores. Some swear the tincture work best so you may need to play with which form you use. It is an herb that has been used for many centuries - pretty safe ( saver than all of these drugs that give PCOS women to help conceive).

Best of luck. I think you will find yourself pregnant when you least expect it, so most of all try not to worry yourself too much.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
(female)

matchan HB User

chemist warehouse sell vitex

Reply Reply