It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
(female)

rachel640 HB User
Question possible burst cysts?

hi, im a 25 yr old female and last year i was told i have pcos. this came around after a rountine check up with my gp and having some bloods he sent me for a scan to confirm his diagnosis. my right ovary bulks with cysts. my left has a few but not so many as my right.
i havent seen a period in 3 yrs. im white, with very dark thick hair. i suffered from boils on my legs for years thats how my gp diagnosed me.
through the 3 years of not having a period i never spotted. never saw an ounce of blood. but yesturday i had this extreme pain in my lower right abdomen ....like a stabbing pain got stronger as ripped along to my left side then in to my vagina. oh the pain was stupid. walking helped but it made me keel over on my knees and beg for help. it felt as if something was tryin to escape me! it was very quickly followed by blood. not a lot but as the day went on it seemed as if i was having a period and thought nothing more of it. maybe this is just a build up? but today the pain is still there. not as strong but its there. it woke me up last night and it stops me when im talking cos the pain is just stupid! im thinking it could be a period but im thinking it could be my cysts popping. ive heard it can be painful and this pain certainly comes under painful! can anyone advise me weather to attend my gp or am i just panicking? xx

Old 03-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: possible burst cysts?

yes you should see your gp. i'm much older and in menopause and i started to hemorrhage from down there. i asked my gyna if it could be a burst cyst...since i have several too, but he said no....the blood would not escape from the uterus. i had testing done and the blood is not coming from my uterus, but from my cervix. you could have polyps because i've heard they can become painful but you definitely need to see your gp about this. it very well could be a period...but you don't know at this point since you said it's been years since you had one. nothing to panic about, but your body is not following it's normal process, so don't hesitate to make the appt and explain to the receptionist what is happening. good luck and please let me know when you find out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
(female)

rachel640 HB User
Re: possible burst cysts?

Thank-you. I will call my gp and yes someone see mentioned polyps I guess I'm not gonna know till I get checked out. X

Reply Reply