It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
(female)

Nikon1 HB User
Angry Please help - septated ovarian cyst :(

Just wondering if someone could offer some advise or personal experiences for me, here goes.... I am 23 years old wi a 2 year old Son. Around 5 months ago my periods stopped suddenly. I have had numerous water/uti infections treated with antibiotics. My GP sent me for a transvaginal ultrasound scan to rule out polycystic ovaries. Anyway 4 days ago I had my scan and the sonographer advised me I have polycystic ovaries in both & a larger type cyst on my right ovary. I have been worried sick all weekend and finally my GP called me today with my radiologist report she received. She has referred me to a gynaecologist and I have my app on the 10 July. She said my scan reveals a septated ovarian cyst & polycystic ovaries. My mind went into overdrive and I have been "googling" and all that comes back is this means cancer, more risk of cancer, complex relating to cancer etc etc.... I cannot bare the thought of this and not seing my baby boy grow up and I'm just 23 I almost died when I had my son from septicaemia and can't be that low again I can't sleep, eat, even think. All I do is cry!! To add I have no symptoms other than no period, I have no pain or bloatedness or anything. I feel a little "twitchy" in the ovary region and as though they are moving around slowly (weird) but is is it. Can someone please advise what they think whether I am being stupid or it could infact to e dreaded C word oh and I've never used boards like this ever before I have registered in the hope for someone to share what they have been through with me and try to calm me a little. Sorry it was long and thank you so much for taking the time to read

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

bee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB Userbee01 HB User
Re: Please help - septated ovarian cyst :(

Hi Nikon,
The PCOS I would not worry much about right now. That can be managed with medications and dietary measures.

Please post back when you find out your results. Wishing you the best xxx

Last edited by Administrator; 07-03-2012 at 10:22 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to bee01 For This Useful Post:
Nikon1 (07-03-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
(female)

Nikon1 HB User

Thank you I am a born worried so probably just being silly. The PCOS I can come to terms with its the septated cyst what worries me with it being linked with cancer like I said though I have no pain the only symptom is no period & needing to urine a lot. Anyway will see what next Tuesday brings will update xx

Old 07-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

The majority of septated cysts are benign, and the ones that aren't usually have a solid "mass" component to them. Your ultrasound mentions no solid or mass area in the cyst, so I would go with the assumption this is benign. It doesn't say how large it is, but many of these resolve on their own and only require followup ultrasounds periodically. The chance of it resolving is best if it is less than 5 cm in diameter, so finding out the size may be helpful.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
(female)

Nikon1 HB User

They haven't told me the size of it or what it contains...just that it is a large septated cyst. The weird thing is I have no pain all I have is no periods and I urinate every 20 mins when I've not even had a lot of fluids. And this fluttery twitchy feeling is making me uneasy. Are these the symptoms of cancer?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

No, the frequent urination is from pressure of the cyst on your bladder and the twingy feelings are typical sensations with an ovarian cyst.

Reply Reply