HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos/)
-   -   ashamed! to say i have pcos to friends :'( (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos/923957-ashamed-say-i-have-pcos-friends.html)

ladyjadey 10-20-2012 11:20 PM

ashamed! to say i have pcos to friends :'(

i dont no if anyone else here feels a little ashamed and embraced to say they have problems ttc because of pcos. i cant face my friends when they say o why have you not started having a family im sick to death of having to answer i dont want children yet too much stress or because we like our freedom! when really wev been trying for about 5 years! im sick of answering the same questions over and over again! if my OH is taking me to my appointments at the hospital im always questioned what they are for and i just dont no what to say! if anyone else asks me when where going to start having baby's i will scream at them! not an inside the head lady scream i mean a full hearted man scream! as loud as i can! someone help please before i bite some of my closest friends head off! i cannot just say im having problems tho i already feel like not a woman because of it i dont want them looking at me differently or anything i just cant do with it!
maybe i just needed a rant im not sure but what i do no is im reduced to tears because of this bloody subject again!

im so sorry to thoes who are reading this! i really am im sure in one way r another u do no how i feel! maybe i should do an anonymous blog or something! day in the life of someone with pcos trying to conceive and failing! catchy title i think! o dear im ranting again! i guess i can all tell im lonely and have no on to speak to about this life goes on! thanks for reading my rant! if u have one of your own you are more than welcome to post about it!

Simmy21 11-19-2012 09:59 AM

Re: ashamed! to say i have pcos to friends :'(

Don't worry! I work in childcare and theres nothing more embarassing than a whole classroom of children asking why you're fat and have a hairy chin! Sometimes, although awkward, its better to just explain, then people can't judge you without knowing the facts. If they can't accept you for who you are, PCOS and all, then to be honest then they're not worth knowing. You never know, it might clear up a few questions they may have had! Don't worry about it, tell them. I'm sure they'll be super supportive

ladyjadey 11-21-2012 05:02 AM

i no they they will accept me but i just feel a bit ashamed i only have the missed periods bit of it an the weight gain ( lucky i no) but i just fell like im not a real woman :'( and i dont want them thinking it aswell thank for your reply :)

WhenItRains 11-29-2012 10:28 AM

I'm a little ashamed too,but not because of not having children.I have a 14 year old. So,clearly at one point my ovaries were working and then decided to stop.
I'm ashamed because people are so judgmental against women with any sort of a weight issue.As if they are just lazy and sit around eating cheeseburgers all day.I have been active my whole life,but because of this PCOS,I gained weight and while practically starving I cannot budge it.Bringing this up to my Endo,he was very unsympathetic, and just said it is one of the problems of having PCOS and not much I can do about it!

I have a very skinny boyfriend who eats tons of food and never gains a pound.And then I barely eat twice a day and very little when I do and can't lose!

I also had horrible acne,a hairy chin,a deeper voice then most women,and hair thinning issues.Tell me that is not enough to make you cry!!!

I got rid of the acne and hairiness with Spironolactone,but even on Metformin,my weight is just NOT BUDGING AT ALL.Last year I did get pregnant,but quickly had a miscarriage.

But about your friends,you are telling them too much! They can butt out and don't need to know everything going on with your health.Don't feel ashamed about not having a baby though...it will happen.Hang in there and don't give up!

ladyjadey 12-01-2012 02:54 AM

thanks whenitrains i have weight problems but not hair growth and my skin is almost perfect god knows why i think i was blessed with a really good completion bit of mascara an that bout it. im not ashamed because i haven't got a child its because all my friends fell pregnant " by accident" being stupid when they where younger basically and are trying again even tho there constantly asking to borrow money from me and my OH does that sound right to you??. and im in a good position to have children and cant... there all on the dole but im stook with a messed up body that wont work right! im getting over it to be honest tho. my friends know some things but not everything iv just started telling everyone im on the pill and we still us condoms. its much easier to explain why we don't have children if your on the pill ;) i hope everything gets better and things clear up for you good luck! :D