It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
(female)

tmoiseyy HB User
TTC with PCOS... help!

Hey I am looking for some insight, advice, other personal stories, whether they be happy or not :-/ My fiancee and I are TTC, have been for 3 months. I have been on b/c for about 6 years due to really awful periods, excruciating cramps, migraines, the whole 9 yards. I went off it about 3 months ago, and no period in sight. I went to the doc who told me I have PCOS, she said she was certain of that but because of the b/c for so long it was masked. She wanted to induce a period because you should get one every 3 months at least so she prescribed Provera. I had been doing some other research and came across Vitex which is a natural way to regulate ovulation and what not. I took 2 days of the Provera (you are supposed to take it for 7-10 days, 1 pill a day, before you get a period) then I decided not to take it and go the natural root. I have been taking the Vitex for about 3 weeks now and I finally got a period on Oct 26th ending Oct 31st! I am not sure if it is from the Provera or from the Vitex. This period was way better than in the past, no cramping and very mild discomfort. I am just not suer if the 2 Provera pills did it, or if the Vitex is actually working. If there is anything else I can do, I am willing to try anything! Any advice will be helpful! Or any stories or anything. We want a baby so bad and do't want to waste any time.

Thanks!

Old 11-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
(female)

SisterTrixy HB User
Re: TTC with PCOS...help!

Has your doctor considered putting you on metformin? I hadn't gotten a period in almost a year and then I started taking metformin and got a period about a month later. They are still by no means regular but it's a start!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
(female)

OverItUnderIt HB User
Re: TTC with PCOS... help!

For me a low carb diet was the best thing for my fertility. My first child, I conceived the month I went off of BC, after being on it for 5 years. No problems.

2nd child, was conceived 10 years later, after many tears, PCOS dx, and taking 3 months of clomid. Actually got a BFP on my 35th day of cycle after being told I wouldnt' even ovulate that month!

3rd child conceived 8 months after 2nd was born, natural conception.

4th child, conceived 2 years after 3rd, m/c at 12 weeks, low progesterone.

5th child, conceived naturally 13 months after m/c.

Pregnancy 2-5th all were low progesterone, and I had to take oral supplement to maintain the pregnancy. I was able to conceive while doing a really low carb diet, which would really cut the sugar levels down, and give my ovaries a break from constantly being bombarded with insulin.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
(female)

OverItUnderIt HB User

I too have PCOS, and also have 4 beautiful children, ages 3-19. Here is what worked for me.

1. Relax-low stress always.
2. Low carb diet.
3. Exercise. Even if its just walking. That is what I did.
4. Age

I had an RE tell me to go low carb, and I didn't do it for another year after she told me. When I finally did start low carb eating, it was just as a challenge with a friend. I really didn't even think about doing it while ttc, because I didn't understand how it would benefit.

Now after 3 of my babies were conceived while doing low carb, I totally get it. If you can really limit the carbs/sugar you are consuming you will give your ovaries a break from the constant attack of insulin.

As we get older, the symptoms of PCOS tend to not be so bad. 3 of my children were all conceived when I was in my mid to late 30's.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
(female)

OverItUnderIt HB User

I too have PCOS, and also have 4 beautiful children, ages 3-19. Here is what worked for me.

1. Relax-low stress always.
2. Low carb diet.
3. Exercise. Even if its just walking. That is what I did.
4. Age

I had an RE tell me to go low carb, and I didn't do it for another year after she told me. When I finally did start low carb eating, it was just as a challenge with a friend. I really didn't even think about doing it while ttc, because I didn't understand how it would benefit.

Now after 3 of my babies were conceived while doing low carb, I totally get it. If you can really limit the carbs/sugar you are consuming you will give your ovaries a break from the constant attack of insulin.

As we get older, the symptoms of PCOS tend to not be so bad. 3 of my children were all conceived when I was in my mid to late 30's.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
(female)

BabyBplease HB User

This has been really helpful as I too have the same issue as the tmoiseyy. I have irregular periods due to PCOS and have been trying for 6 months. Want to do it naturally if possible so will start no Carbs from tomorrow! :-) thanks ladies x

Reply Reply

Tags
pcos, pregnancy advice, provera, ttc, vitex