It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
(female)

jazzie91 HB User
Unhappy just been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome

i need help
a couple of months ago my doctor diagnosed me with polycystic ovarian syndrome, the doctor didn't give me any information about it. i had the implant in my arm for nearly 3 years and dissed to take it out because my DH and i wanted to try for a baby when i got the implant i got one period that was normal then 6 months went by and i got a light period this worried me so i went to my doctor they did test and everything came back fine then another two months went by and i had no period at all i went back to my doctor and they did another blood test which showed that i might have pcos so my doctor sent me for an ultrasound and that is when they told me i had it and told me to come back if i hadn't had a period in two months to come back. the two moths went by and still no period so my doctor decided to put me on the pill to bring back my period. which worked but i have decided to stop the pill because i want to be a mum. the reason for this post if i would like some help by other ladies that have pcos and have any good advises or some website that can give me some information on this and what i can do to help me and my DH become a mother and father.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
(female)

SHELBYLYNN2012 HB User
Re: just been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome

I was diagnosed with pcos last year in June, my doctor did surgery on me and drained all my cysts on both my ovaries. I don't know much about pcos but what I do know I'll try to explain. My doc told me it is where your ovaries have multiple cysts on them and the best way to deal with the cysts and keep them away is birth control, I always have pain and I try taking ibuprofen but it doesn't help and I keep a heating pad on me, it helps a little. It's best to go to the gyn regulary to have regular check ups to make sure you don't need to have surgery or anything.

The following user gives a hug of support to SHELBYLYNN2012:
jazzie91 (11-15-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to SHELBYLYNN2012 For This Useful Post:
jazzie91 (11-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply