It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
(female)

Amy765 HB User
Is it or could it be cervical cancer?

Ok I'm 24, have a nearly 3 year old, I think I last had a pap test 7 years ago! I wasn't aware they were so important. Anyway for the last 18inths iv been having EXTREMLY heavy periods, then two monts ago I spotted blood twice after sex, then I bleed in between periods this month just a little but I went to a&e and the doctor confirmed that my cervix was bleeding, he ordered me a transvaginal ultrasound which discovered I have polycystic ovaries on both ovaries, I am waiting for a colposcopy which is in 3 weeks but I can't sleep, I can't stop thinking what if what if what if. I had two doctors look at my cervux they said it "looks" healthy but there was a little discharge on my cervux they swabbed that and that came back no infection which makes me think well if it's not infection what is it!! The last two weeks iv had dull left groin pain. But then having pain would mean its advanced? Right? And if it was advanced they would see it on the transvaginal scan? Or two doctors have looked and said it looked healthy so if it was advanced would it be visable to the naked eye? I'm freaking out so much, iv gone to my doctors about 4 times regarding EXTREMLY heavy periods but not once was a smear test suggested, I'm scared, I can't whet a grip off myself, I mean would polycystic ovaries cause any of these symptoms, would a transvaginal scan show anything on the cervix?

Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
Re: Is it or could it be cervical cancer?

It's possible that some of this is being caused by the polycystic ovaries, and it can cause really bad pain in the ovary area, and really excessively heavy periods that tend to gradually over years get worse and worse. I wouldn't expect the worst at this point.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
(female)

heather583 HB User
Re: Please someone out there who has had cervical cancer please give me advice sympto

I had all of this and there was never a conclusion. Every test possible, Laparoscopy, womb cleaning etc etc. Eventually mri's because the pain changed to more in my back and pelvis. Prolapsed discs were found. Still having treatment, spinal injections etc but the pain down the legs has stopped was all nerve/sciatica pain. Good luck

Old 03-19-2013, 04:36 AM   #4
(female)

wynnsldy HB User
Re: Please someone out there who has had cervical cancer please give me advice sympto

Hey there, I am Rhonda, I am new here as of this am. As a matter of fact because I got bad news yesterday...but I the reason I responded is my symptoms COMPLETELY different from you....have you read up on PCO? Not saying you have not just wondering...I just used to when I was younger (in my 20) have sooo much trouble with cyst and your symptoms soound so much like me then buta little more intense....

good luck!!

Wynnsldy

Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
(female)

AmityAmity HB User

Hi Amy,
Many of your symptoms mirror my own, excluding the discharge, and I recently was told I have a complex ovarian cyst with possible endometrioma. I don't know if this helps you, but perhaps it can offer you some peace of mind. Also, we are almost the same age. The pain sucks, and I cry out of frustration, so I cannot imagine dealing with this while raising a baby. I'm sorry.

Reply Reply