It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

Suktanker HB User
pregnant with PCOS?

Hi all,

I get my period anytime from 35-45 days usually and have PCOS. However, doctors did not prescribe any medication for me as they did not think it was required. I know that my ovulation cannot be predicted because of the irregular cycle but can I still get pregnant? Is there anything other than the lack of regular ovulation that stops a PCOS person from getting pregnant?

Thanks!

Old 05-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
(female)

mjeank HB User
Re: pregnant with PCOS?

I have PCOS and tried infertility pills with no good results. The problem is your folicals are not ripening enough to drop eggs. Thats why it causes cysts. I know that they put me on Metforman and it helps my periods become more regular.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
Re: pregnant with PCOS?

Let me tell you my daughter's story. She's almost 30 now. When she was 18 she had a large cyst removed from her ovaries. She was pretty much doing ok for a while. Six years ago after being with her boyfriend for about 3 years, she went to see her doctor. He told her she would probably have to go through fertility treatments if she ever wished to get pregnant. So she stopped being careful. Needless to say in December 2008, she found out she was almost 6 months pregnant. She was in shock and so was her doctor. We had 3 month to prepare for my granddaughter to be born. Does that answer your question?

Reply Reply