It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

lcdss HB User
Do I have PCOS without cysts or insulin resistance?

I'm 17 and after going to the doctor about male pattern growth and recent irregular periods, she mentioned PCOS.
My blood work back came normal--normal fasting glucose, insulin, testosterone. I also have no cysts on my ovaries.
My family does have history of diabetes and miscarriages, so this makes me think twice if this is or isn't a misdiagnosis.

Do I have PCOS or is this a hormone imbalance than can be treated with birth control?

I want to know my situation and have the best approach possible to decrease complications whenever I decide to have children in the future, if I do have PCOS.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User
Re: Do I have PCOS without cysts or insulin resistance?

PCOS IS a hormone imbalance... but if you have normal bloodwork and no cysts and no obvious symptoms, at this point you don't fit the criteria. If you are developing it, it's still way too early for it to show up. At seventeen, irregular cycles are very common with 'normal' hormone levels because your body is still figuring things out. You may stabilise in a few months or a year. PCOS develops over time, so keep an eye on yourself and see if you really need to worry in another year because things are getting worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply