It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
(female)

MIRMYMAC HB User
Metformin for PCOS

I need to know there is light at the end of the tunnel...
I have been told I have PCOS because I do not get a period without being on birth control. My husband and I decided we want to try to have children next year so I decided to go off of the pill two months ago. Well, as of this month, I have gained 10 pounds, (about 1/2 a day) and I have facial hair as well as acne that hurts all over my face and body. I am normally 115 pounds and am 126 now while gaining those two pounds just since Sunday. I noticed my weight gain in July which is when I increased my workouts to 6-7 days a week as well as less eating and I still did not notice anything but gain. I called my doctor and she put me on Metformin. I have been taking it for 3 days now and I already increased it to 1000mg/day because I have not had any side effects besides dry mouth. Does anyone know when I will notice a difference? I noticed most of the forums had people that lost weight but were heavily overweight before. Anyone else have the same thing happen as I did? I am on the verge of an emotional breakdown with everything that is going on in my body..

Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
(female)

Brianlucy5 HB User
Re: Metformin for PCOS

My daughter was just put on metformin she has gained a substantial amount of weight after coming off the pill and also eating very unhealthy....over the last 2 or so years..she was just diagnosed with PCOS and is making a major life's change ..she has lost 6 lbs in just a week..can you please give an update..how are you doing on the meds and how are you feeling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: Metformin for PCOS

" I have facial hair as well as acne that hurts all over my face and body"

Sounds like high testosterone.

Reply Reply

Tags
metformin, pcos