It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2004, 10:48 PM   #1
Veteran

HeyThere HB User
Afraid to go to sleep

This has got to be a test. I had the past come up from behind me today. It is like that song something on my mind opening up doors I had sealed before....! I found myself getting calmly angry everytime a reminder from this involved stranger would delve into my traumatized period lets call it. Now I am nervous and shakey like. I know I am going to have a retro dream and wake up cryscreaming. I don't need this adrenaline it taxes my health. Are we all seperated by 6 degrees and linked up in a web.... (This is rehtorical)Yes we are.

The good thing is Mommyof4 ending signature, so thanks if you are reading this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2004, 11:28 PM   #2

MissEnlightened HB User
Re: Afraid to go to sleep

YES I'M AFRAID TO SLEEP TOO! IT IS 12:27 am AND i'M NOT IN BED BECAUSE I HAVE THE SCARIEST DREAMS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2004, 05:28 AM   #3
(female)

Tree Hugger HB User

It is 6:26 in the morning monday. I havent slept since saturday and I passed out for about an hour this afternoon.
It comes in waves with me. I am fine for months and then for about a week I just CANT sleep. I think Im affraid If I fall asleep somthing will happen to someone in my life and I just cant take that chance!
the last time I willingly went to bed, feeling good, ready for sleep was almost 2 years ago and I missed a phone call that in my mind ment life or death for someone and ended...in death.
why is life like this?
The good thing about me not going to sleep is my house gets clean.

Last edited by Tree Hugger; 02-23-2004 at 05:29 AM.

Old 03-19-2004, 08:17 PM   #4
Veteran

HeyThere HB User

Well thank you all I ended up getting most of my adrenaline out by crank calling the root of all bad things several times just saying I h you for etc. It felt good to let these feelings out and If I was going to lose sleep so was the initiator of the whole thing. I didn't wake up screaming or tremoring. phew. time does ease it and so does an outlet of empowerment.

Thank you all again and thanks for the laugh about the toe Tree Hugger.

Peace be with all of you.

Closed Thread