It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2004, 03:46 PM   #1

Calikermie HB User
New Girl

I think I have PTSD, I was sexually assaulted when I was 14 ( now I'm 23). It was a family friend and he didn't rape me, but he did other things to me and then was dragging me screaming into the bushes to rape me but then stopped all of a sudden. He then tried to convince me that I was a **** and dirty and that it was all my fault and that he would tell everyone what I did if I didn't keep quiet. Until 2 years ago, I totally thought it was my fault. And whenever I would think about him or even that family I would get all anxious and my heart would start beating fast and stuff and I would get all uncomfortable. I can't even say the guy;s name. And I've had tons of problems as a result of this incident, its really affected my life. My therapist says I can press charges if I want to and sue him, but I don't know. Its been 9 years, should I? I would love to see his A** in jail. Thoughts?

Old 05-12-2004, 06:04 PM   #2

Really HB User
Re: New Girl

I would suggest that you do whats best in order to heal and restore yourself. Do you think that seeing him in jail is going to help you recover?

I think that If you heal and deal with all the problems that this incident has created. You will have a better understanding and feell confident in your decision to press charges or not.

Hope that helps

Best wishes, Really

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2004, 03:25 PM   #3

Tanki HB User
Re: New Girl

I can relate to what you are feeling.

At age 16 I was in an abusive relationship that was mental, physical, sexually, emotional, verbal , all of it. After that ended I was in numerous situations by friends that I was sexually assaulted (but not raped) and sexually harrassed, i've had close calls as well.

I am now 24.

It will not go away, unless you've dealt with the problem, it will continue to be something that will bother you. IT took me 8 years to finally say enough is enough, I'm not going to be stuck in the past, I am not going to live with the fear, the nightmares, the body memories and flashbacks, I'm tired of being triggered all the time, and scared and I never know why. I'm tired of not completely remembering all that happened. But the more you try and remember the further you actually push it back. No once can deal with assault on their own, it will always show it's ugly face when you think it's behind you. After 8 years of therapy, not only dealing with abuse issues and ptsd, but GAD and clincal depression to boot. I am still in therapy as well, seeing the same psychiatrist after all this time. I can now say that I LIVE WITH THE REGRET that it happened, at least then you can move on.

Take care of yourself, seek help if it's something you feel you need to do in order to heal and to trust again.

Closed Thread