It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2004, 08:15 PM   #1

Swalk HB User
Red face PTSD what meds are you on?

If you have been diagnosed with this, can you tell me if any what type of meds you are on?
Ive been prescribled lexapro and on day 2 now and I feel a lil weird Ive heard that will pass....

Old 05-15-2004, 09:10 PM   #2

Swalk HB User
Re: PTSD what meds are you on?

No one with PTSD is on meds???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2004, 03:09 PM   #3

Tanki HB User

Right now I'm on Remeron.

Before that I Was on Celexa, and before that Zoloft.

Old 05-17-2004, 07:23 PM   #4

Swalk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanki
Right now I'm on Remeron.

Before that I Was on Celexa, and before that Zoloft.

Thanks for your reply, I took celexa before this week I started on lexapro, so hopefully it will help. I have not heard much about remeron, do you think it works well?

Old 05-19-2004, 11:27 AM   #5

Tanki HB User

Remeron is not too new, but it is newer. It's' an antidepressant, but can be used for anxiety, ptsd, ocd etc.

Alot of meds have like 2 pages of side effects, this one only has a short paragraph and the only side effects I expierenced was sediation which is the main side effect, got a bit of an appiete which isn't a bad thing cause now i'm 108 lbs roughly and I was always under 100lbs. After about a week the being tired all the time was gone, it is also used for a sleeping aid and has zero sexual side effects which is nice.

This is the best drug i've ever been on , and I feel great on it.

Old 05-24-2004, 05:06 PM   #6

zimnah HB User

I also take Lexapro, and the thing I like most about it is that I don't feel numb the way I did on Paxil. By numb, I mean I stopped crying all the time, but I didn't really feel like laughing, either. I just felt emotionally numb. I've been on Lexapro for 7-8 months, and I like it. I can still feel something, but it really helps to take the edge off the panicky, weepy, crawl out of my skin feelings.
I also take ambien for the horrific insomnia I've had as a result of the 'T' part of PTSD. LOL
Hope this helps!

Old 05-31-2004, 12:22 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

daystar91 HB User

Right now i'm on Wellbutrin Xl, so far it was working for me until a few weeks ago...Doctor now has raised it up to max so i guess it's working for now...I really have had no side effects from this med.....Sometimes i feel shakey but i don't know if that is from this med or my other one....I also take topamax for bi polar so it's kind of hard to pin point the side effects for which med....Before Wellbutrin Xl i was taking Zoloft, this med really didn't work for me but i know for others it has worked....

Closed Thread