It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2004, 09:58 PM   #1

stillill HB User
what could this mean?

Hello, I just wanted to see what you guys think about this. I'm not quite sure if it would be considered post-traumatic stress disorder but I would like to know what you think. Well I use to sometimes use LSD/acid and the last time I did it, which was like 5 years ago, I had the most horrible time of my life. I cried the whole time I was on it and was absolutely terrified. Since then I've been put on medication for depression and anxiety. Ever since the last time i did that drug i've been horrified that someone will drug me. When I go out to eat I sometimes worry that someone will put acid/LSD in my food or drink and a couple times i've actually thought I was drugged and started to panic. Anytime someone starts to talk about LSD I get really nervous and uncomfortable. I feel like that experience has traumatized me. Could this be PTSD or is it that I just have a lot of anxiety and panic? What do you guys think? thanks.

Old 06-22-2004, 05:21 PM   #2

apinecone HB User
Re: what could this mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillill
I use to sometimes use LSD/acid and the last time I did it, which was like 5 years ago, I had the most horrible time of my life. I cried the whole time I was on it and was absolutely terrified. ... I feel like that experience has traumatized me. Could this be PTSD or is it that I just have a lot of anxiety and panic? What do you guys think? thanks.
HI STILLILL!
TOO LOUD?
Hi stillill!
IS THAT BETTER?
OOH! I like that better! You'll just have to like it 'cause I'm in control and if this were you're mind on LSD it would be a helluva lot more intense than this I can tell you and you know what I mean 'cause you've been there done that freaked out and don't want to go back

So, we'll just slow down, return to 'normal' for a while and discuss this more 'normally', OK?

This is "default"-- they pick it for all of us. and it's easiest for me to remember how to do, so I'm just going to do this, OK? Just let me know, OK?

Wait a sec, tho-- there are these 'invisible' people who come in and put certain words in special colors and stuff-- let me try and see which ones trigger these invisoids off:
***STATION CHECK***
***STATION CHECK***

LSD/acid fear 5 years ago horrible panic panic panic fear depression anxiety depression anxiety depression PANIC (wanted to see if I can "TRIP" them up; maybe they have ADHD or BPD or OCD or TS or ASD or DYSLEXIA!

***END STATION CHECK***
***END STATION CHECK***

OK. I know how to fool them (but you don't know how I'm doing that, so when we discuss this, you'll always probably be a bit PARANOID about that, right?)

Sweet!

OK! I'll behave now. I was just fooling around. I think it's a good thing for you to do this-- talk about it. I'll try to talk with you about it, OK? But first, I have to go for awhile. Hang in there!

Last edited by apinecone; 06-22-2004 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Neural Network Transmission problems-- all fixed!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2004, 08:21 PM   #3

zimnah HB User

okay, apinecone...that last message had ME tripping...and I've never done LSD!
To the original poster: I personally don't think you can get PTSD from a bad trip. It doesn't quite work like that. Your's sounds more like the person allergic to shellfish who is suddenly terrified of Chinese food because there is always that chance of oyster sauce or something like that..or like me. I recently found out I'm allergic to certain food dyes (which, unfortunately, are in just about EVERYTHING, including almost every oral antibiotic on the market). My allergy means I get IV antibiotics if I get sick: so every sniffle is pneumonia, every body ache is another blood clot.
Anyway, in a way, I kind of hope the fear stays with you: you may never do drugs again, and that would be a good thing.
Hey, apinecone.....
STILL TRIPPIN' from your post LOL

Old 06-26-2004, 08:47 PM   #4

apinecone HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimnah
Well, I thought that it was a pretty reasonable but fleeting approximation to a trip, and you seem to have confirmed that. Technically:

LSD is a powerful psychoactive and recent experiences, especially dramatic ones, can have a substantial effect on a trip. Physically, or psychologically unsettling events in the days before an LSD trip can blossom into distress and trauma during a trip.
Source: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_basics.shtml

Dependency:
Physical Dependence: None
Psychological Dependence: Moderate
Tolerance: Moderate
Source: The Merck Manual: Sixteenth Edition, published 1992

stillill: if you got a flashback from that and even a tinge of PT deja vu then, perhaps there's enough there to think that it's PTS or at least you should see a doc, because that's a pretty micro-mini spike. But even then that's got to be Dx'd pretty carefully, since there are other things it could be, eg *thyroidal.

I apologize if it offended you. My very best wishes to you!

Closed Thread