It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2004, 04:59 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Is anyone feel dizzy or off balance with PTSD?

Curious if anyone feels like me, dizzy or feeling like equiliberium is off balance. I'm not swaying or anything, just feel like my eyes are playing with me and sometimes I feel like my head is a little heavier than my body, just feel like things are moving a bit.

Andrea

Old 06-26-2004, 01:39 AM   #2

Swalk HB User
Re: Is anyone feel dizzy or off balance with PTSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
Curious if anyone feels like me, dizzy or feeling like equiliberium is off balance. I'm not swaying or anything, just feel like my eyes are playing with me and sometimes I feel like my head is a little heavier than my body, just feel like things are moving a bit.

Andrea

I do get dizzy sometimes but it may be from the lexapro I am not sure

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
(male)

dan123456 HB User

yes, im feeling the same way you are. i feel off balance, and my neurologist has me on lexapro. i have been on lexapro for 30 days and i have notice some improvement but i still dont feel 100%. i would like to have some feedback on how you are improving while being on lexapro.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
(female)

jenbrugg HB User
Unhappy Re: Is anyone feel dizzy or off balance with PTSD?

hiya-
yep. very same symptoms. I think it could be related to anxiety. I have an anxiety disorder and PTSD and I think they can be intertwined. I wonder if all these issues can be related in some way. I also get like a feeling of fliud in my ears. i can hear echos in voices and like a constant buzzing sometimes it gets really loud. sometimes sharp pains rigt under my ear at the back of my jaw... i've heard others talk of jaw pain... when you try to explain it it seems so immense sometimes, doesn't it?...

Old 07-30-2006, 12:51 AM   #5
(female)

NicoleKane HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbrugg
hiya-
yep. very same symptoms. I think it could be related to anxiety. I have an anxiety disorder and PTSD and I think they can be intertwined. I wonder if all these issues can be related in some way. I also get like a feeling of fliud in my ears. i can hear echos in voices and like a constant buzzing sometimes it gets really loud. sometimes sharp pains rigt under my ear at the back of my jaw... i've heard others talk of jaw pain... when you try to explain it it seems so immense sometimes, doesn't it?...
Yep, the same things happen to me, exactly. Especially the voices and the jaw pain. I get off balance all the time and a little dizzy sometimes, even though I'm taking Depression medicine.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:45 AM   #6
(male)

SFTexas HB User
Talking Re: Is anyone feel dizzy or off balance with PTSD?

I had a stressful event put in November 2005..I immediately stopped sleeping and still don't without medication...I do have a buzzing in my head which slightly changes locations occassionally....I was on Lexapro but the buzzing began months before I started and ended the drug. MY ears do feel like they are filled with fluid but an ENT (doctor) said they were fine and it was just the nerve which runs through that area.

Anyone have any clues about the ears and buzzing in the head. I just want to feel normal again....

Old 09-13-2006, 07:16 AM   #7
(male)

fuzzy1 HB User

personally i dont get a buzzing its more of a high pitched white noise or the sound like the bbc used to play at the end of broacasting to wake you up when uve nodded off infront of the tv again.. however ref balance issues etc ive suffered for quite some time with dizzyness nausea panic attacks etc followed my severe migrane headaches causing temporary blindness and occasional without warning blackouts, great stuff.. get stress pass out fall over as u can imagine.. my doc has recently started me on a course of epilim chrono (yes it is used to treat what it sounds like.. epilepsy) although i have beeen tested and confirmed i dont have this condition the results with the epilim (can be found on a google search) to be very very helpfull.. balance has improved co-ordination and that "ive got my head in a fishbowl full of water" feeling have all been greatly reduced, hope this could be of some help to someone.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

vipester92283 HB User
Post Re: Is anyone feel dizzy or off balance with PTSD?

Hello,
I am taking lexapro and adderral. I get a lot of side affects from lexapro, such as no appetite, DIZZINESS, headaches, body aches. I guess the side affects are worth it when I weigh them up to my anxiety!
The worst is occasionally get this quick BUZZZZZ in my ears followed by like 2 seconds of a where am I feeling. After a few seconds I come back to earth and im OK. When I told my psychiatrist he looked at me like I was nuts. (Last time I went to him). I've just come to deal with the side affects. NO offense to anyone but I try to think more about there's always someone whose worse off than me. It helps!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 04:19 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

hi all----i am not taking an meds right now for the PTSD. am going back into counseling. have taken everything there is to take and always have adverse side effects that make me feel worse. since i disassociate at times i do feel like 2 different people. one is my mind and the other my body. if you ahve outruled any physical problem sit is probably the PTSD causing lots of anxiety and fear and that will wack you out at times.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Dear ainfante,

I noticed that you have not posted recently to this thread. Is everthing alright? Have you decided if it truly is the meds or not that was making you feel this way?

Take care and God Bless. Love and Peace; for the masses only.

Closed Thread