It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2004, 12:03 PM   #1

develon HB User
gf broke up with me

4 months ago i was jumped and left in a coma and i am pretty much recovered now due to hard training to get back in my normal shape. my whole left side was affected and still is real weak and i had to learn how to walk again. the part i dont understand is that my x gf was at the hospital everyday, but when i woke up she was gone, she broke up with me. due you think this maybe caused by stress

Last edited by suggestions; 07-11-2004 at 09:46 AM.

Old 07-02-2004, 11:42 AM   #2

develon HB User
Re: gf broke up with me

common people im coming to you for advice.. can i please get some?

Last edited by suggestions; 07-09-2004 at 10:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2004, 10:25 AM   #3
Inactive

pfunk HB User

It is quite possible that the situation was so stressful to her that once she knew that you were going to be okay, she felt she needed space, time to herself, or something. However, I can't say that I completely understand.
I am really sorry that she did that though.

Old 07-12-2004, 11:09 AM   #4

brandy82 HB User

I'm very sorry to hear that your girlfriend would do such a thing. It seems to me that the stress and worrying just got to be too much to handle for her. Seeing someone you love in such a hard situation is hard for anyone, but i honestly can say I don't understand why she would leave. I think the only person that can answer your question is her. good luck, and i hope everything turns out the way you want it.

Old 07-12-2004, 12:24 PM   #5

develon HB User

she started partying alot so i just think she wants to date others now but she sends me mix signals.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #6
Inactive

pfunk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suggestions
she started partying alot so i just think she wants to date others now but she sends me mix signals.
I am glad that you are still checking the posts.

The reason that I really didn't have a very long answer for you is because I sort of suffered a similar situation. I was raped and my boyfriend broke up with me when I told him even though it had been years earlier. I really didn't understand it and I don't think that I ever will. I think that he was stressed by it but he also really avoided me which kinda made me think that he wanted me to hurt or be alone. Even though I sometimes think I understand, I also really hate him for doing that sometimes. The worst part being that you never know who you can tell stuff to again. It's funny because I almost trusted him and felt safe with him.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:39 AM   #7
Inactive

James44_20 HB User

The idea that your significant others would break up with you over something like that really proves something in your relationships. That is, when you are with someone seriously you should expect them to be there for you the whole time, not just when things are going great for both of you. The times when you need them the most are what shows their true character. I don't think it was too stressfull in either of the coma or rape incidents. It's just simply that they didn't want to deal with your problems. This is something that you should have confidence in with the person you are dating in that when the worst happens, they're there for you even more than before.

Old 07-13-2004, 03:40 PM   #8
Inactive

pfunk HB User

I am not completely sure that is true. Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are saying, but have you ever tried to take care of someone who has been raped?

Old 07-15-2004, 10:17 AM   #9

develon HB User

yeah, well its been 2 weeks since i have talked to her if she does call im just gonna tell her i dont need her anymore i had to make this recovery on my own and i need my own time and space now.

Closed Thread