It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 12:12 AM   #1

katiekate HB User
Desparately in need of answers

I am fairly young but show symptoms of sexual abuse. I don't have any actualy memories or flashbacks but certain feelings that sometimes consume me, and I remember fears of being alone with certain ppl--more feeling uncomfortable than fear. I wanna try to recover memories but I don't want somebody planting ideas in my head. For some reason a part of me wants to believe this happened???

I've struggled with depression and self injury and suicidal thoughts, as well as promiscuity, fears of intamacy, using sex to feel close to someone.

any advice is appreciated,
kate

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 08:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Desparately in need of answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiekate
I am fairly young but show symptoms of sexual abuse. I don't have any actualy memories or flashbacks but certain feelings that sometimes consume me, and I remember fears of being alone with certain ppl--more feeling uncomfortable than fear. I wanna try to recover memories but I don't want somebody planting ideas in my head. For some reason a part of me wants to believe this happened???

I've struggled with depression and self injury and suicidal thoughts, as well as promiscuity, fears of intamacy, using sex to feel close to someone.

any advice is appreciated,
kate

Kate, have you tried therapy? If you haven't, I suggest that you do. Also, if you have tried therapy and the memory is not coming back, try hypnosis. Find a therapist or hypnotist who will regress you back through your ages.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 10:37 AM   #3

katiekate HB User

I read somewhere that if you suspect you were sexually abused then you probably were. Is this true? Has anyone else gone through this?? It's like part of me is pulling to believe that something happened but the rest of me is just devastated and thinks I might be making things up.

Old 08-05-2004, 03:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiekate
I read somewhere that if you suspect you were sexually abused then you probably were. Is this true? Has anyone else gone through this?? It's like part of me is pulling to believe that something happened but the rest of me is just devastated and thinks I might be making things up.

It could be. But like I said, you should go the route I suggested to know for sure.

Andrea

Closed Thread