It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2004, 09:39 AM   #1

Pandakaity5 HB User
Need Help!!! Desperately!!

OK, my name is Kaity, and I am 14 years old. I am going into high school in 2 and a half weeks. My only problem is that I have been diognosed with PTSD when I was 11, because I got assaulted and stalked by a fellow 11 year old. When I was in middle school, he wasn't there until 8th grade, and I had a very close teacher that was always there for me. But now that I am going into high school, I don't know any adult. I have met some of them, but they don't really remember me, and I haven't trusted them yet. I know that the first day of school is going to be bad, because I have to be in a room with him, but I don't know who I go to, because when I do see him, I have bad panic attacks, my mind blanks, and sometimes I pass out. If you have any ideas please post them!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2004, 02:00 PM   #2

Pandakaity5 HB User
Re: Need Help!!! Desperately!!

Hey!
Thanks for the advice. Yes, he has still followed me around. And I don't think that we have any classes near each other. Thanks again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2004, 05:07 PM   #3

zimnah HB User

Kaity: are you int he US or UK? I ask because the US has laws about this sort of thing, and if you even have the thought that this guy is stalking (much less the evidence yhou seem to have) then the school has to protect you, and they will. Speak to your guidance counselor. My son is ion high school, and has had a problem with this girl he met (she has problems, unfortunately). I advised him to go to the guidance counselor (he lives in California, not with me :-( ) and he did, and says his life is a lot easier. Not only does he not have to be in the same class, they made sure that her schedule was rearranged so she was on the opposite side of the campus. They can also alert your teachers so they can watch out for you. Don't worry about knowing the adults there...it's their job to protect you.
Keep safe.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:24 PM   #4
(female)

ladybird988 HB Userladybird988 HB User

Did you tell anyone that he attacked you? You need to tell your parents and the school councelor, especially if he is stalking you again. I disagree that he may have changed just because he's 14.

When I was 15, a 16 year old bully was harassing me, demanding i go to homecoming with him. I firmly told him no. the next day in art class, he sat down next to me at my table and demanded I go to the dance with him. He was 6'3" and solid muscle and slammed his fist down making the table jump. I was 5'2 and 110 lbs. I told him no, I was going with another guy, thinking this truth would give him a graceful out. It didn't. He flew into a rage, pulled his fist back to swing at me with full force. I froze. I already had PTSD at this time, from when I was murdered at age 11.

I knew a dangerous bully wehn I saw one.

Another kid grabbed him and held him til his rage subsided before he could swing. He got kicked out of school for it. The whole class saw. No one asked me anything, not a teacher, not the principal. Then a couple weeks later, a teacher I didn't know stopped me in the hall and said "It's okay now. He's gone and not coming back. He's in jail. He hit a boy and killed him." and walked away.

Until then, I was careful never to be alone and always looking over my shoulder. I sensed the guy was a psycho and it turned out he was. And he wound up killing someone.

Get help. Don't stay quiet about it. This is not something to take lightly. You do not have to be harassed.

Blessings.

Old 09-01-2004, 05:09 PM   #5

Pandakaity5 HB User

yeah, I have told everyone. They know, and my parents have even filed a law suit..but the problem is is that the school doesn't care! Today was my first day of high school..and every chance that he had he got as close as possible to me. I have told many school administrators, and they just consider me a burden to them. I am hoping that now that I am in high school, I will not see him as much. But idk if that will happen, considering today. Although, today was orentation when all the freshmen were together. Thank you for your advice though.

Closed Thread