It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2004, 07:12 PM   #1

Pandakaity5 HB User
Unhappy Have you ever heard?

OK, well I was diognosed with PTSD, and I have really odd nightmares. I die in all of them. I get killed by the person who hurt me. I had my mom call my doctor, and she has said that it would be a good idea if I went to a doctor who specializes in ptsd. I have never heard of one, so I am just wondering if it is actually a doctor who does, or if it is just a hypno therapist. If any of you have been to a doctor who specializes in it, can you tell me if it works? Thanks, I would really appreciate it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2004, 07:37 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: Have you ever heard?

As far as I know there are phiaciatrists who have counselors who know alot about this subject. Alot of veterans from the war have this. I was also diagnosed with this and have or should i say had horrible nightmares. Mine were always about death and dying and vacant lots with people burried underground. It was always the same town and same cemetary I would walk into the vaults and mosoliums and sometimes into the place where they store the bodies. Wierd huh? Since I have been on Lexapro and take two xanex to sleep at night I haven't had the night mares. PTSD is supposed to be your body's way of getting rid of things that you seen or may have seen in the past but your mind tries to forget and it's put back in your mind. Good luck. Look for a good theapist, you may go through a few before you find a good one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2004, 09:10 PM   #3
Inactive

pfunk HB User

There are a lot of good therapists out there that can help you. Sadly, though I have never sought there guidance yet. I do not think I am ready to trust strangers yet. Anyhow, I have really terrible nightmares too. I was raped as a youngster. I also told one of my boyfriends about it once and pretty much dumped me because of what happened. Sometimes, I have these dreams where he is watching the rape and not doing anything to stop it. I guess that means I think he's a putz who doesn't give a crap about me. Anyway, I know such dreams can be disturbing so do whatever you need to in order to take care of yourself

Old 10-11-2004, 07:26 PM   #4

Pandakaity5 HB User
OK, my doctor told me...

My doctor told me to take zoloft? Does anyone who reads this know why? Does it help?

Old 10-11-2004, 07:35 PM   #5

sissydkeeney200 HB User

In 1996 i was diagnosed with PTSD.I am currently taking Zolft.Zoloft will help depression and anxiety,which are the main symptoms of PTSD.I have had 8 years of counselling and it has helped a great deal!But i think i was ready for it and committed to work through my issues.There are no quick fixes but it works !

Old 10-11-2004, 07:42 PM   #6

sissydkeeney200 HB User

As far as someone who specializes in it,it would be wise to find someone who has experience with people who have ptsd.You will probably be suprised to find out there are many who are diagnosed with PTSD.It shouldnt be hard to find the right therapist.I found mine through the county health dept.and he has been just wonderful with me!good luck .id be happy to answer any other questions you might have on the subject!

Closed Thread