It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2004, 05:52 PM   #1

Pandakaity5 HB User
Any Good Advice?

Well, I have had PTSD for 5 years now, and I am 14 years old. I got it from being physically assaulted by a classmate, then stalked by him and his mother. In 6th grade he ended up getting expelled, and in 8th he came back because he ran into me in the hallway. I automatically went into panic mode, and my teacher helped me all through the rest of 8th grade. Well now I am in high school, and I hate it. So many things have been happening, like on monday we had a bomb threat, so we all had to be evacuated to the rec center, and he sat right in front of me purposely so all of a sudden I lost it, and I am on Zoloft which is supposedly supposed to relax me. Well now I see him even more, and it has gotten to the point where I sleep all the time when I am not at school. For instance yesterday I came home from school and went to bed, woke up at 6 (I have also had a decreased appetite) ate a tiny bit, then went back to bed till 5:45 AM, and was still tired. Does anyone have any advice on how to relax more when I see him?

Old 10-31-2004, 10:03 AM   #2
Inactive

pfunk HB User
Re: Any Good Advice?

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. Certain aspects of what happened to me are similar to your own story. I was raped by classmates, who later followed me around, threatened me, pinned me up against walls at school or trees in the schoolyard, screamed terrible things like "****" and many much worse names at me, and spread terrible rumors about me. I eventually moved because my dad's company relocated. I too began to sleep a lot of the time and panicked when I was awake.

It sounds as though you are pretty stressed, upset, and depressed over the situation in which you find yourself.

Are there any resources available to you at school?

Can any of your friends accompany you for a little moral support or whatever in those situations where you might run into him? I know that I sometimes feel much safer if I have a friend with me when I am in certain situations that might not feel so safe.

Are there school counselors?

Can you let the school know of this student's previous conduct toward you?

Can you implement a school no-contact contract between the two of you?

Have you sought any other help in learning to cope with this situation?

Can you tell your parents how you have been feeling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2004, 04:58 AM   #3

Pandakaity5 HB User

Well, yes there are resources available at school. The only thing is, I really don't think that the guidance counselors totally get what PTSD really is. I try to explain it, and she is really trying to understand, but all she can manage to say is try not to think about him. I'm sorry about what happened to you, it must have been freaky. My parents know, and the school does too, but they let him just basically wander around anyway. Thanks for the advice.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
Inactive

pfunk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandakaity5
Well, yes there are resources available at school. The only thing is, I really don't think that the guidance counselors totally get what PTSD really is. I try to explain it, and she is really trying to understand, but all she can manage to say is try not to think about him. I'm sorry about what happened to you, it must have been freaky. My parents know, and the school does too, but they let him just basically wander around anyway. Thanks for the advice.
I am sorry! I feel badly for you. I don't really know what to tell you, other than that.

Closed Thread