It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2004, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

girl3900 HB User
I think I'm loosing my mind

Back in February, I had an very serious event happen...my life was in jeopardy for 4 months. I've done my research on PTSD and it says that the symptoms and triggers should be gone after 3 months. It's been 6 for me and my anxiety is still through the roof. At times, I still get the flashbacks and they're so intense that it's almost as if I black-out and go into a fit of rage for a couple of minutes until they pass. Sometimes I'm afraid of what i'm capable of doing when I get that bad. Right now, I'm averaging about 1 breakdown a week...is this still normal? I've seen numerous therapists and have been on drugs but they still don't help me. I also seem to have the worst generalized anxiety i've ever had. I had it before the incident but now it's sky rocketed and it's almost intolerable. I've become a HUGE hypochondriac too and i'm not sure why. I'm so irritable and depressed most days that i'm not sure if i'll ever be myself again. I'm wondering if it's okay to still feel like this after so much time has passed and if these are symptoms of ptsd?

Old 10-31-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
(male)

sgt207 HB User
Re: I think I'm loosing my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl3900
Back in February, I had an very serious event happen...my life was in jeopardy for 4 months. I've done my research on PTSD and it says that the symptoms and triggers should be gone after 3 months. It's been 6 for me and my anxiety is still through the roof. At times, I still get the flashbacks and they're so intense that it's almost as if I black-out and go into a fit of rage for a couple of minutes until they pass. Sometimes I'm afraid of what i'm capable of doing when I get that bad. Right now, I'm averaging about 1 breakdown a week...is this still normal? I've seen numerous therapists and have been on drugs but they still don't help me. I also seem to have the worst generalized anxiety i've ever had. I had it before the incident but now it's sky rocketed and it's almost intolerable. I've become a HUGE hypochondriac too and i'm not sure why. I'm so irritable and depressed most days that i'm not sure if i'll ever be myself again. I'm wondering if it's okay to still feel like this after so much time has passed and if these are symptoms of ptsd?
Sounds like classic PTSD - these symptoms could last for a while. Get as much help as you can and find a support person.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2004, 09:56 AM   #3

Marrisa HB User
Re: I think I'm loosing my mind

Getting over things that happen to you may take awhile, but if things are that bad, you need to find someone who can help you. Are you in therapy now? If so, does it help? I go to someone who has been more helpful than anyone before. It's frustrating to me that it takes so long. Let me knowhow you do.

Closed Thread