It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2004, 10:05 PM   #1
Inactive

pfunk HB User
I have been feeling terrible lately.

I wonder if anyone else ever feels this way. I guess the thing is that after having been raped, the few people who I have been able to tell have not cared at all. Of course that hurts a lot, but I don't really know how to deal with it properly. I guess I have sort of suppressed it. Anyway, lately I have been panicking a lot. In fact, over the past week I have had terrible problems with my computer after renewing a subscription to an anti virus program. Anyhow, my computer would not do anything properly and even after restoring the entire system, it is still messed up. I had to call for customer service. I spoke to at least 14 people trying to get the problem fixed. They all either pointed the finger at other software manufacturers, ran me through the same drill that the previous ten techs had me execute or were just incredibly nasty. After spending about 16 or more hours trying to fix my brand new computer, I have just flipped out. I am exhausted but I can't sleep, I ache all over, and I cannot at all shake this feeling that no matter what I do, how I ask or who I ask for help for ANYTHING I am NEVER going to get it. I really don't want to believe that, but I am beginning to think that I am a fool for ever trying to be optimistic about stuff like this. Am I nuts?

Old 11-26-2004, 03:16 PM   #2

Marrisa HB User
Re: I have been feeling terrible lately.

That kind of thing is frustrating. I'm not really sure why you put those two seperate incidents together though. Technology is a pain and so is trying to get people to help-- especially over the phone.
I'm sorry about being rapped and not being listened to. When things happened to me, my parents didn't respond. I always thought that was worse than the actually sexually or physical abuse. It's like I was invisible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2004, 04:56 AM   #3
Inactive

pfunk HB User
Re: I have been feeling terrible lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrisa
That kind of thing is frustrating. I'm not really sure why you put those two seperate incidents together though. Technology is a pain and so is trying to get people to help-- especially over the phone.
I'm sorry about being rapped and not being listened to. When things happened to me, my parents didn't respond. I always thought that was worse than the actually sexually or physical abuse. It's like I was invisible.

I put those two things together because I am beginning to feel like no matter what happens to me whether I am raped and ask somebody for help or my computer doesn't work and ask someone for help I am treated like a piece of **** and the longer it goes on the more I think I am one. I know I shouldn't but I don't understand why I have never once been treated nicely by anyone.

Closed Thread