It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2004, 08:08 PM   #1

Pandakaity5 HB User
Unhappy Help!!!

Well..most of you know my story, being physically attacked in 5th grade, then stalked by the child for the whole rest of the year and half of 6th grade. Then I was diognosed with PTSD. In 8th grade, they all of a sudden without telling me decided to just let him back in, and he ran into me in the hallway. I am in ninth grade now, and things are not getting better, in fact, they are getting worse. The kid will follow me to my classes, because he thinks that panic attacks are funny. I have had my parents call the school many times, and I have talked to them too, and they say that it is not a problem. I really don't know what to do anymore. I try to not think about it when I see him, but I can't help it at all. I think the whole problem is that people don't realize the severity of PTSD, and they don't feel like looking it up either. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything that I could do that could help me with my situation, because I am worried that I am going to start going crazy! Please if u have advice please give it to me!

Old 11-23-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: Help!!!

I had this happen from Kindergarten to sixth grade and then seen this person (the attacker) on and off. I am 33 now and I learned how to defend myself and even if I see this person now I want to kick their butt really bad. I still have dreams about it , nightmares. Your right, it's not funny. What do your parents do? Can you switch schools? Will you run into this person when you get into another grade? Can you make bigger and badder friends? Find protection within a group of friends. What if you stood up to this person? I haven't read your other posts so I don't know the back ground. The first thing you have to do is protect yourself...someone needs to step in and help. Ignore this brat as much as possible. Don't let it ruin having a good time in school. I wish I could help more but I know you alone are not in a situation to do much. Someone has to help you and take you serious. Make sure they do!. GOod luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2004, 05:53 AM   #3

Pandakaity5 HB User

My parents are always calling the school, and we have filed a law suit before, but they still don't seem to care. They won't send me to another school, because they don't want him to show that he has "won". Yes, I will run into this person unless he drops out which he probably will. I am trying to get to stand up to this person, because I go see a counselor at least once a week for the whole ordeal, and we are trying to figure out ways to do that. Thanks for the advice!

Old 11-26-2004, 03:11 PM   #4

Marrisa HB User

Read "Please Stop Laughing at Me" and show your parents the book.

Closed Thread