It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2004, 01:00 AM   #1
(female)

trucky HB User
When will my symptoms go away

This is my first post--- I have woken several times a nite with panic, had to go to ER a few times over the years. I'm in therapy and take zoloft. This has to end! My body cant take this--my exercise. social life and diet have all suffered. I'm in a total fog. i was recently diagnosed with PTSD, but i haven't a clue what the PTSD is about. It's all nonverbal and its all in my body. i live alone, so that just adds to it. This has been going on for years. Please I need some concrete suggestions on how to end years of hell, Thanks, Trucky

Old 12-13-2004, 05:20 AM   #2
(male)

hbp1 HB User
Re: When will my symptoms go away

Welcome Trucky,

Your PTSD may never go away, but, hopefully, you can get help that will enable you to better deal with it. I'm sure there are many people on the board that can offer beneficial suggestions, but a little more personal info about you - age, sex, cause of your PTSD, what type of therapy you're getting, etc. - would help us help you.

Howard

Last edited by hbp1; 12-13-2004 at 05:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2004, 06:32 AM   #3
(female)

trucky HB User
Question Re: When will my symptoms go away

Thanks for the reply: I'm 57, female, and this started about 9 years ago, suddenly. I have no clue what the PTSD is about--no recollections: it's all physical. I'm thinking that 9 years ago I was on my own without family out in the middle of nowhere (rural), and that because I was alone, stuff tried to come to the surface--no activities or social distractions. That's all I can figure. I've had crises in my life and I remember them, some what you might call traumatic, like witnessing dead family members, and witnessing family members go thru death. But what I've read is that super-somatizing reflects way-early, pre-verbal childhood trauma. I sure hope you can give me some more feedback. Thanks, Trucky

Closed Thread