It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2004, 09:24 PM   #1
(female)

JDean22 HB User
I am still somewhat suffering ptsd

I was molested and held hostage in a man's house when I was 17. I am now 23 and still going through the symptoms. What advice can anyone give me to overcome this fear. Every morning that my boyfriend goes to work at 4am I will start to fall asleep and have nightmares. I try to wake up cuz I can feel myself waking up, but my whole body becomes numb and I can't move. The same dreams keep reoccuring and the same man keeps coming back in my dreams. He is being released in april and I am afraid because of him threatening to come back for me if I told. I don't think he will, but I need reassurance. He wasn't even in jail, He was placed in a hospital for all those years and they still are releasing him. I need advice please.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

woodfaery HB User
Re: I am still somewhat suffering ptsd

Wow, I am so sorry you went through such a terrible time. PTSD can be empowering though, that is what I have found. Going to counseling helped me and with time I feel I have healed a lot. My ex husband raped me a long time ago, and I was surprised he did not get in any trouble legally. There is a restraining order though, and somehow that does put my mind at ease. He has not tried to come after me, and I am thankful. Have you considered getting a permanant restraining order on him? Let me know how things work out for you. If you need someone to reach out to, there are lots of people here who can empathize. Remember you are not alone, not truly alone. Let us know how things are going for you ok? You are in my thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2005, 02:40 AM   #3
(female)

liljezz2008 HB User

Im sorry to hear you story, I was recently diagnosed, have you been put on any meds for you nightmares? I went to Del Amo hospital in LA, the doctor there was great as well as the hospital, all for rape victims, anyway, he put my on prazosin i think it is, its a high blood pressure med, but they found it worked on POWs for their nightmares. It may help you with some of your stress.

Old 01-15-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
(female)

sweeterthan HB User

I am sorry to hear about such a horrifying thing that happened to you. Just think that you are a stronger person now because you are a survivor!

I have PTSD and I have found that therapy really helps. See if you can find a support group and talk with others who have gone through similar situations, you'll feel better when you know you are not alone. You don't deserve to suffer like this. If you don't feel comfortable talking in a group session go to a therapist and have a one on one session they can help. And another option (put this as a last resort) but there are meds that can help you as well. But if you go on medication continue the therapy it works better if you do both.

Also see if you can get a PFA on this guy. You shouldn't have to live in fear anymore.

God bless you and I hope you get the help you need.

-Amber

Old 03-17-2005, 04:49 PM   #5
(female)

JDean22 HB User

thank you guys for your support. I haven't been on this board for a while and just saw it now. As an update, he cannot go near yet I can't get an extended restraining order unless he violates their rules which state that he cannot go anywhere near me contact me or any person who is a friend of mine or related. I will update after march 28th because that is his release date. He has to register as a sex offender and he is posted on the meganslaw.ca.gov website already. Thank you again for listening and responding. I wish the best for all of you too on your situations. God bless!

Closed Thread