It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2004, 05:52 PM   #1

Pandakaity5 HB User
Does anyone know???

Well, in 5th grade I got attacked by a fellow 5th grader, who then stalked me. The school did nothing about it, so I ended up with PTSD. In 6th grade, he got kicked out of a school for going after a teacher. In 8th grade, he came back to the school and I have wicked bad panic attacks whenever I see him. Now, I am in 9th grade, and these so far have been the worst two years of my life! I have tried EMDR, counseling, and a few other things, and nothing is helping!! I am also not really eating as much, when I do eat I get sick, and I was only 107 to begin with, and I really don't know what to do! The kid still follows me around the hallway, and likes to make me miserable. I was wondering if anyone has any advice, because I am really worried about the weight loss, and how I never want to do anything with friends anymore, and see people. I have also become extremely emotional. If anyone has any advice please let me know!

Old 12-28-2004, 10:59 PM   #2
(female)

Time2Heal HB User
Re: Does anyone know???

I am sorry you have had to deal with this and now he is back and you have to go through it again. Do you have any support? Like from a parent, or another adult that may be able to do something about this kid? It just makes me sick that he is putting you through this. It needs to stop, and it sounds like you need to find someone to help you go through the motions of getting him "legally" far from you. It can be done because their are laws that will do this but you must find a way to be strong and persistant! I wish you so much luck!
Caytie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 10:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hi Panda,

OMG what are your school doing about this moron? Surely your school counsellor should take it up with the principal. I can't believe that you are still having to go through this agony because of him.

Failures is the school system should not be the cause of your fear. Can't your Mom and Dad take it up with the principal?

Your weight loss and panic attacks are enough for you to be able to get a restraining order on him surely? What do your doctors say? I'm sorry I'm just so very annoyed about this. I wish I had more to offer, but these are the only avenues I can think of for you to go down at the moment.

Plese keep us informed of how you go on, Panda.

All my love

goldenwings

Old 12-30-2004, 06:00 AM   #4

Pandakaity5 HB User

Thanks for the information, my school is supposedly involved, but everytime I go to someone, they just say that they will speak to him. We have also pressed charges against him and the school, and we did the settlement for the school the day before they let him back in. We are looking to see what else we can do. My parents are also very supportive of the whole situation, well, my mom is.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hiya Panda,

I'm glad that you are able to get some help with this from the school. They are still not doing enough though I don't think.

I must apologise for asking if your parents could do something. From reading your post, it sounded like you were dealing with this on your own.

I hope that further steps can be taken to remove him from the school, and hopefully if he lives in your area, to keep him away from you out of school.

Have your parents actually been able to perhaps meet with his parents to discuss this? Maybe something could be done about arranging this if it hasn't already happened. I don't know what else to suggest, it has really got me so mad.

Anyway Panda, try your best to keep strong until such times as something more is sorted out. I want to wish you a very happy New Year, and hope this is so very true for you.

Keep in touch.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 12-30-2004 at 06:40 PM.

Old 12-31-2004, 08:01 PM   #6

Pandakaity5 HB User

Goldenwings,
Thanks for the advice. I hope that you have a wonderful new year. I am looking forward to it, because 2004 was such a bad year for me. His mother won't face that her son did something wrong, so she wants nothing to do with it. She actually says that I am harrassing her son. The school is somewhat helping, the 9th grade principal (which is mine) looked up and talked to my counselor about PTSD. He understands a little bit, but he would get fired if he did anything to the kid, without the superintendant's approval, and the superintendant does not like me, so he won't do anything. Thanks again!
*~*Kaity*~*

Old 01-08-2005, 10:33 AM   #7
(female)

MJWINNER HB User

Have Your Parents Checked Into This Bully's Criminal History? My Son Had A Nasty Bully Stalking Him At School In The 6th Grade. After I Researched This Kids History I Learned Of Several Juvenile Delinquent Incidents Which Involved The Police As Well. This Confirmed My Suspicians That This Kid Had The Potential To Be Dangereous And Chances Are That He Will Spend His Adult Life In And Out Of The Prison System. In The 7th Grade We Had Another Incident, Not Physical But Verbal Harrassment And Threats. I Sent A Letter To The Board Of Education In My County With Details And Dates Of Each Occurance, And What I Had Done About It With The School. I Also Mailed It To The Principal, To Keep Him Abreast Of The Situation And Of The Possible Lawsuit That Could Come If My Son Was Hurt In Anyway. I Then Filed A Police Report And Brought This Bully's Parents To Court. This Childs Parents Took Him Out Of The School For The Rest Of The Year. He Came Back For The 8th Grade, However, He Stays Far Away From My Son, And They Have No Classes Together.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #8

Pandakaity5 HB User

Hello,
thanks very much for the advice. Yes, my parents know that he does have a criminal history. Once they let him back in the school though, they said that he is not so dangerous anymore, which is hard to believe because I have seen him do things to other students. We have already done a law suit, and his mother doesnt care. We have tried to reason with the school, but it does not work. Today for instance, the kid came up behind me and gave me a really bad panic attack, and didn't get in trouble. And we can't do anything legally about it, because he didn't do any physical harm. Thanks for the advice, and if you have anymore please tell me!
Thanks, Kaity

Old 01-12-2005, 01:32 PM   #9
(female)

littleone101 HB User

I really really think you need to get away from all that... I mean.. I don't know what you can do... but I think it could be dangerous and I wouldn't want anything terrible to happen to you. You need to go to the police or get out of there youself if no one will do anything. You need to do something now before anything really bad happens. I know from experience, I don't mean to scare you anymore or anything like that and maybe this isn't the same kind of bully so you may not need to worry bout it but it doesn't matter, you need to get yourself out of a situation that is harming you emotionally and such. Good luck. Keep us posted.
God Bless.
~Mel

Old 01-13-2005, 04:06 PM   #10

Pandakaity5 HB User

Thanks Mel! I had to start another post too though, from the improvement. I am trying to get myself out of the situation as much as possible. Thanks so much though, you are a very nice and good person.
God Bless you too, and I hope that you totally overcome your PTSD.
Kaity

Closed Thread