It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2004, 09:12 PM   #1
(female)

Time2Heal HB User
New Here-Happy I found You ALL!

Hi, I have been looking for a place like this to see that I am not as alone as I have always thought.

I suffer from PTSD,Panic and Anxiety Disorder, Night Terrors and a few other things also.

All of this stems from when I was 11-16. I am now 32 and until about 4 years ago, I did good (but actually it is not good ) at blocking out my horrible past. But, now-it haunts me every second of my life and affects every part. I can see how it has all along without me even knowing it.

I have been to several doctors but I find it hard to trust them or like them and end up not going back. I am on klonopin, which my regular doctor prescribes for me.

That is all I will go into for now-I know how it is to be triggered and I don't want to do that to anyone. I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank in advance to anyone willing to be here for me-as I will for all of you because I have way to much free time on my hands!!!
Caytie

Old 12-30-2004, 09:15 PM   #2
(female)

tessa04 HB User
Re: New Here-Happy I found You ALL!

Hi, my name is Tessa and I'm new here too.

I can really identify with your lack of trust in doctors. My ptsd was caused by a careless OB who used forceps when he shouldn't have during the birth of my first child and then I was retraumatized during the birth of my second child when the epidural failed during the c-section and the doctor didn't believe me when I told him I could feel it. It wasn't until I was screaming in pain that he finally listened.

I wish I could offer you more support or advice on how to participate in therapy but I haven't figured out how to trust a doctor enough to do it myself. ::sigh:: This disorder just sucks, doesn't it?

Tessa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 10:53 AM   #3
(female)

Time2Heal HB User

Tessa,

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you find help here - as I already have!!

Your name "Tessa" made me smile-my happiest days 10 years and younger, my best friend's name was Tessa!!! And such a rare name-but you put a lot of happy memories in my head tonight!!! Thanks!!!! )
Caytie

Old 03-15-2005, 12:07 AM   #4
(female)

Lil'Pea HB User

Hello there time2heal....I, like you, thought that i was doing 'good' keeping it all inside and not letting it affect my life. I am now 29 and it is affecting my life now more than ever! I suffer from PTSD and social anxiety....oh happy day! lol...I would love to talk more and I also have a ton of free time on my hands! I have a feeling our stories are probably very much alike...want to talk more? In my prayers: Lil'Pea

Old 03-16-2005, 08:12 PM   #5
(female)

Porcelain_doll HB User

Hello. I have PTSD & Social anxiety too. I am a domestic violence survivor. I lived with my attacker for 2 1/2 years. I wrote more about myself under "Shutting Down." Anyway, It was such a relief when I found the courage to leave that monster (I took out 5 month old son with me). I returned to my home town, 5 states away, and for about 3 years I did pretty well. About a year ago I just fell apart with fear & anxiety. I started constantly looking over my shoulder & feeling like my & my son's lives are in danger. Now I'm on Zoloft, and am attending college part time. I'm not in a real good place in life right now. I'm trying to accept & process everything in a healthy way. I have good days & bad. I see a lot of pain, and a lot of courage on these boards. Hopefully, we can learn from and support eachother through to a brighter day.

Affirmation: Love is the most powerful force in the universe: it is infinate, and has many faces.

Last edited by Porcelain_doll; 03-16-2005 at 08:12 PM.

Old 03-18-2005, 12:03 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Bob A HB User

Caytie,
We're glad you found us too.

Closed Thread